Regardless of his iconic status,why few people from India dislike Sachin Tendulkar?

Sachin tendulkar is undoubtedly the greatest sportsman to ever represent India.Whether u like it or not there are billions & billions of people who like Sachin & admire his achievements,records & attitude.You dont need to be a sachinist to admire the greatness of sachin tendulkar.He also has a large fanbase outside... show more Sachin tendulkar is undoubtedly the greatest sportsman to ever represent India.Whether u like it or not there are billions & billions of people who like Sachin & admire his achievements,records & attitude.You dont need to be a sachinist to admire the greatness of sachin tendulkar.He also has a large fanbase outside the country as well.

Throughout his career,yes he hardly faced the situations of getting dropped unlike his other teammates & that also symbolises his consistency & greatness.Yes he was in bad patch here & there but everytime he lost form he had came back strongly.Yes there isn't a big difference comparing his average with other great batsmans of his time but the fact is that he has maintained his longevity & consistency for such a long period.And he has performed in every country he has played,doesn't matter if it is the turning tracks of Asia or the fast & bouncy surfaces of Australia,England,south Africa,etc.Dont think every Tom,dick & Harry can hit 100 centuries if he plays for 20 years.He scores a Ton on an average of 7.76 innings whereas other greats like dravid,Kallis,ponting have taken more than 9

Many people from other countries dislike Sachin because he is not from their country.And when such an asset is from our country,& of course all our countrymen are proud of him,he is also recommended for Bharat ratna(india's highest civilian award),but there are few people who dislike him from his own fellow countrymen.That is because,as I have read everywhere,either they don't watch cricket or they started seeing cricket after IPL stated or few are jealous of his iconic status & achievements that frustration is the only word which could define their opinion on Sachin.He need not be from your country(for non-Indians) but u should have the attitude to admire & appreciate his greatness.Its so easy sitting there & criticising him.Its not easy as talking to out & play to be consistent.

Yes every individual has every right to have an opinion but at the same time he must have "valid reasons" for his opinion.Without "valid reason" if u hate someone then it can be considered as jealously & frustration & nothing else.Some dravid,ganguly & Laxman fans might be jealous of Sachin because their favourite player were forced to retire early whereas Sachin is yet to retire.I being a huge ganguly fan myself know how hard it feels but at the same time the way i see it is that i m so happy to still see sachin playing for his country.So that can't be a reason for u to dislike or hate him by any means.

He did everything for the country.He hit 100 centuries for his nation.He even retired selflessly in ODIs considering that he needed to give way for youngsters in the preparatory phase for the 2015 World Cup.He was there to save the team & wage lone battles whenever his team needed him.Common how can his own people ever have the heart to dislike him?There is no way he can be selfish who plays for personal milestones.Thats biggest non-sense one can ever hear.

http://www.newsbeats.in/sports/sachin-te...

He hardly got involved in controversies to be disliked.He remained such a soft-spoken individual throughout his career.His greatness cannot be even meausured.Its a fact that he is the greatest of all batsman but even if u have a different opnion about that,it cant be a reason for u to dislike him.With all this being said,whats the "valid reason" you can give for Ur opinion about him?
Update: Symantak..ha ha great answer but I m not referring to anyone particular here.Question is directly targeting the critics on the greatness of tendulkar.
Update 2: I m asking a valid reason for Ur opinion in this question.And I m not referring to anyone particular here at all.If u answer like Symantak,then its taken by assumption that u don't have a valid reason to give & that "jealously & frustration" as I mentioned in my question is the actual reason for Ur... show more I m asking a valid reason for Ur opinion in this question.And I m not referring to anyone particular here at all.If u answer like Symantak,then its taken by assumption that u don't have a valid reason to give & that "jealously & frustration" as I mentioned in my question is the actual reason for Ur opinion.
Update 3: I m asking a valid reason for Ur opinion in this question.And I m not referring to anyone particular here at all.If u answer like Symantak,then its taken by assumption that u don't have a valid reason to give & that "jealously & frustration" as I mentioned in my question is the actual reason for Ur... show more I m asking a valid reason for Ur opinion in this question.And I m not referring to anyone particular here at all.If u answer like Symantak,then its taken by assumption that u don't have a valid reason to give & that "jealously & frustration" as I mentioned in my question is the actual reason for Ur opinion.
Update 4: CJ-Yes he hasn't been in much form after the World Cup.He Didnt really play any ODIs after the World Cup.He hit a century in his pen-ultimate ODI & a 50 in his last ODI.And India still needs his experience in the team in tests.Yes there is some 'hidden ego' in him these days.He probably praised dhoni... show more CJ-Yes he hasn't been in much form after the World Cup.He Didnt really play any ODIs after the World Cup.He hit a century in his pen-ultimate ODI & a 50 in his last ODI.And India still needs his experience in the team in tests.Yes there is some 'hidden ego' in him these days.He probably praised dhoni about his captaincy as it was he who made him the captain in first place.He also Didnt attend dravid's felicitation party after his retirement in 2012.But u have to see the wider prospect if things.U have to see what he achieved in his first 21 years than what has been happening recently.
Update 5: RSRD "You don't need to be a sachinist to admire the greatness of Sachin tendulkar"-This statement is taken from Dinith's answer,credits to Dinith for that wonderful statement.
Update 6: RSRD I think the reason that people dislike him coz he has a very large fan base is lame.He has done so much in his career to justify the fan following he has.And it's good 'being yourself' but sometimes u must see how other people are as well.U can't do whatever u want & just say that u r only... show more RSRD I think the reason that people dislike him coz he has a very large fan base is lame.He has done so much in his career to justify the fan following he has.And it's good 'being yourself' but sometimes u must see how other people are as well.U can't do whatever u want & just say that u r only 'being urself'.

And Sachin was in the form of his life during 2007-2011.So I disagree with Symantak that he has done nothing of late.Who can forget his 175 against Australia in 2009 at Hyderabad?or 200* against South Africa in Gwalior?These are just few examples.Dont forget he was the leading run scorer for India in World Cup 2011.

Sachin's test average year by year from 2007-2011:
In 2007,he averaged 55 with 2 centuries,6 half-centuries.
In 2008,he averaged 48 with 4 centuries,3 half-centuries.
In 2009,he averaged 67 with 2 centuries,3 half-centuries.
In 2010,he averaged 78 with 7 centuries,5 half-centuries.
In 2011,he averaged 47 with 1 century,5 half-centuries.

Update 7: So he has hit 16 centuries in tests with an excellent average after 2007.Same goes with the ODIs.Also don't forget that he opted himself out of the international T20s to give more chances for youngsters.Now that's what u call being 'selfless' .