Will there ever be a lottery in Alabama?

In the wake of the Florida Lottery joining Mega Millions this may, I hope Alabama starts a lottery as well so that Alabama residents don't have to drive to here in Florida, or to Georgia or to Tennessee for a shot at a big jackpot. So I would like to know will Alabama ever start a lottery?

• pdq
    Favorite Answer

Alabama is a very backwards state in many ways, but in this case, they got it right. As Jenga pointed out, the lottery is the worst bet on the entire planet. No other standard form of gambling comes even close to being as bad a bet as the lottery. It is truly a TAX on the poor and on the ignorant.

The state has to weigh the well-being of its citizens against it's own greed to rape its citizens out of more money by hosting a lottery. So far, Alabama is holding its citizens' well-being up higher.

As Jenga also alluded to, there might come a day when elected officials hold GREED up higher than the citizens of Alabama's well-being, but fortunately for you, that hasn't happened yet.

1. I wouldn't tell anyone (not even my closest relatives) 2. I would tithe 15% of the winnings 3. I would invest 40% of the winnings If there are enough funds left after doing the first two things... 4. I would pay off all of my debts 5. I would pay off all my mother's debt 6. I would buy my mother a townhouse (she probably won't want a big house since she lives alone) 7. I would pay off my sister's house 8. I would quit my job so that I can focus on completing my degree and then change careers

You can play the Georgia Lottery online at galottery.com. But to answer your question I think we will. I would like to see gambling legalized in Alabama. It would help our schools. Maybe also they would exspand medicaid. We might be voting on it in November.

Probably.

Once your state officials come to the realization that the lottery is nothing but a voluntary tax for stupid people, I'm sure they will get one as soon as they can so that they can get even more money from the brainless drones.

It all depends on your lawmakers. The lawmakers change every few years, so yeah, it's possible. But you know, you can always drive across state lines to buy tickets. Problem is, unless you won a huge amount, you'd spend more on gas to claim any prize you won ( you have to claim your prize at a place that sells the tickets.)

I think you should count your blessings that you don't have this temptation in your state. It's the worst bet on Earth. I have some family who are addicted to it.