Is back linking legal?

Hi friends!!! I want to open a site which provides free stuff online. free isons games etc all i will be doing is that i would create a post and provide a backlink to the original site. for example if i am writing about a free baseball game i would give two links to the owner of the game . one would be on... show more Hi friends!!!
I want to open a site which provides free stuff online. free isons games etc all i will be doing is that i would create a post and provide a backlink to the original site.

for example if i am writing about a free baseball game i would give two links to the owner of the game . one would be on download link and other in the picture.

My friend said google has strict conditions for backlinking and will ban my site. He says google is partial for indian blogsand will ban the site if indian start Is it true??? is back linking legal???