Which is the best insulin pump on the market?

I am looking into obtaining an insulin pump through the NHS and I am just wondering which one you can recommend?

Favorite Answer

I find myself a little biased since I've been pumping with Medtronic minimed for half my life, since i was diagnosed at the age of 8. personally, I WOULD recommend Medtronic. Medtronic is good because it has a CGMS and can do basals and boluses in very small increments. This has been perfect and I'm so insulin sensitive that for breakfast my i:c ratio is 1:4.7 (one unit insulin for every 4.7 carbs). I think its a sturdy pump but the problem is it isn't waterproof. I buy screen protectors from zagg shield but it seems pretty sturdy anyways.

If you're thinking of getting a continuos glucose monitoring system (CGMS or just referred to as a sensor) definitely go for it! It's been a lifesaver, literally. This way I know if my blood sugar is heading up or down and can dose my insulin better, therefore improving my a1c. It's also let me know about lows in the middle of the night - last night I woke up with a 31mg/dL because it alarmed. It's a scary thought and a sensor WILL take patience but its worth it in the end, because I don't wake up for low blood sugars at night usually. The sensor alarms are quiet but Medtronic has this thing called MySentry that sends the data to it and its like a loud alarm clock that wakes you up when you're low. I really want it but my insurance doesn't cover it:\ it's a really nice device though. Definitely look into CGMs also!

Hope I helped. Good luck, pumping has made my life so much easier:)

1

Source(s): Secret To Destroy Diabetes - http://DiabetesCure.raiwi.com/?zsde

Medtronic Minimed, and omnipod are the best!