With Dhawan having a blast, and Vijay looking good, how do you see the future of Gambhir and Sehwag?

Sehwag and Gambhir have some crisp talent. They have proved it outside the subcontinent too. But these young guns look good. What's your say?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

Gambhir is still an asset for Indian team so IMO he should be in the team. As for Sehwag now 95% his career seems to be over. He is closing his mid 30's and has injury issues.

• 7 years ago

I doubt Sehwag ever get a chance again at Test level. But, I want a good technically sound batsman like Gambhir in my team any day.

EDIT -- But, Not that Gambhir who is currently in the bad form.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Gambhir definitely has a lot left in him. Sehwag is getting pretty sloppy but his rare dynamites are absolutely essential for the team (remember the Chennai test vs england?)... even if their best times are behind them, both these talents can still make it bigger, especially when indian cricket is in such an unstable phase. they've got something thses youngsters dont - experience!

• Albert
    Lv 6
    7 years ago

Who Is Sehwag & Gambhir !!??!!

Yes , I Know Gambhir Have No Problem, He Still Stay In Team, BUT

Other One ( Khedut Putra, "Son Of Farmer Will Get Back To Farm Job).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

unless these two doesnt provide them any chance they will not be able to make a comeback into this indian test team,but in ODI they will surely get an opportunity,biggest test for this indian opening pair will be in South Africa if they play well there that will bring sehwag's carier to an end,Gambhir might gate another chance.

• 7 years ago

Hopefully Gambhir and Sehwag play next match. It's one thing to score runs on these wickets against a far from full strength bowling attack, but what they do in South Africa would determine if they are really worthy of being in the side more than Sehwag and Gambhir.

• 7 years ago

sehwag and gambhir have much experience

they can face the pace in south Africa

• 7 years ago

If vijay and dhawan is continue then no space for sahwag and gambhir in future.

they will start play in ranji crickte....

• 7 years ago

May be we see them as openers for Delhi Ranji matches in future

• 7 years ago

They'll still come back with the help of their connections to screw the future of deserving players and the country's game

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.