Does my girlfriend need to grow a pair or am I just being unreasonable?

So I have been with this girl for about a year now. And for the past 7 months, it has been long distance. Despite the bad track record of LDRs, it's going great. So let's get past that. She has decided to stay up there for the summer to take courses and I'm perfectly fine with that. So for the last... show more So I have been with this girl for about a year now. And for the past 7 months, it has been long distance. Despite the bad track record of LDRs, it's going great. So let's get past that.
She has decided to stay up there for the summer to take courses and I'm perfectly fine with that.
So for the last 4 months I've been saving up money to go there. I have enough for the plane tickets and when I get my tax return, I'll have enough to get a motel.

But here's the thing, I don't want to stay in a motel. From what I read, it's expensive, it's right across from a strip club, has mold in it and bad service. She's going to have an apartment with a friend. They're paying for it 50/50. Her roommate has made it clear that she doesn't want me staying there, even if it's only for a week. I would cook, clean and pay her a little bit for letting me stay there. Which is actually ridiculous. And now my girlfriend isn't doing a thing to negotiate with her. She barely even sticks up for herself in general and sometimes it's a big giant turn off. I know that she is the way she is and that's fine. But it's painful to see her get picked on. This goes beyond me staying in a nasty motel. She needs to fight for what she believes in. One time one of her roommates came into the room and started yelling at her. She didn't fight for herself. All she did was cry.

My girlfriend has basically been her little slave for her over the last few months. She gets dragged along with her to the mall, helps her with her homework and sometimes even does a whole project for her. I'm so nice to the girl as well. But she won't do us a little favor.

I work 16 hours a week and only get paid $8 an hour. I'm just a poor college student and I am scraping my pennies together for this trip. I'm spending it all just to see the woman I love only for a week. I'm afraid that I will be broke from all the expenses that it will take to even get there, I want to show her a good time. I'll hardly have enough to even catch the bus. The whole trip together will cost $800. But if I didn't have to pay for the hotel it would be half of that. I would never let my girlfriend stay in a nasty motel. Never. A person who's traveling 1,000 miles across the country to see his future wife who he has not seen in half a year... does that not register to her?

Am I asking too much? Should she fight for me? Or should I just man up and pay for the motel?

I work 16 hours a week and only get paid $8 an hour. I'm just a poor college student and I am scraping my pennies together for this trip. I'm afraid that I will be broke from all the expenses that it will take to even get there, I want to show her a good time. I'll hardly have enough to even catch the bus. The whole trip together will cost $800. But if I didn't have to pay for the hotel it would be half of that. I would never let my girlfriend stay in a nasty motel. Never. A person who's traveling 1,000 miles across the country to see his future wife who he has not seen in half a year... does that not register to her?