If I have "Temporary Protected Status" from el Salvador, can I apply for Dream Act Application ?

I would like to apply for institutional aid, however, I am not sure if i am considered AB540? Anyone have any helpful information? personal experiences?

1 Answer

  • 7 years ago
    Best Answer

    TPS allows you to be in be in the United States and authorizes you to work. That is pretty much what Deferred Action (Dream Act) allows you to do.. Therefore, it depends on how much longer you're going to be on Temporary Protected Status. If you are not going to get permanent residency (green card) or apply for legalization, then you could apply for Dream Act Application, since your TPS will be valid for only a certain amount of time.

    So yeahh you can apply for Dream Act once your Temporary Protected Status is about to expire.

    keep in mind Deferred Action is valid for 2 years but can be renewed after that.

    Hope this helps and good luck!

    Source(s): personal experience. Applied for Dream Act (:
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.