The truth asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

How long to get rid of gingivitis?

I have been neglecting my teeth for a quite awhile now. I started taking more care of my teeth and body overal for about a week and a half ago. I have been brushing twice daily for about 8 minutes total, using crest pro health twice, and flossing at night. I have very sore gums that bleed a lot when I brush. My gums are also receding. I went to the dentist about 6 months ago and told them I had gingivitis. They told me I brush too hard and they did a cleaning. I know my gums aren't like this only because of brushing too hard. How long will it take to get rid of it with this routine? Thanks in advance.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The truth is love that gingivitis will never leave you completely and will come back as soon as you start to mistreat your teeth .. I know because I have the same.

Hopefully with in a week or two with this routine your teeth will be healthy.

Be careful when you dental floss that you do it correctly straight down and up.

I hope this helps

Amy X

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

It might take 4 weeks. You probably should switch to a toothpaste with gum-health activity and as the dentist said, you should be gentle when you brush. Also, you don't need to spend more than one to two minutes in brushing.

• 7 years ago

can take a few months. You should be using a mouth wash too like corsodyl or any anti bacteria mouth wash and flossing is really important too.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.