The truth asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

How long to get rid of gingivitis?

I have been neglecting my teeth for a quite awhile now. I started taking more care of my teeth and body overal for about a week and a half ago. I have been brushing twice daily for about 8 minutes total, using crest pro health twice, and flossing at night. I have very sore gums that bleed a lot when I brush. My gums are also receding. I went to the dentist about 6 months ago and told them I had gingivitis. They told me I brush too hard and they did a cleaning. I know my gums aren't like this only because of brushing too hard. How long will it take to get rid of it with this routine? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

The truth is love that gingivitis will never leave you completely and will come back as soon as you start to mistreat your teeth .. I know because I have the same.

Hopefully with in a week or two with this routine your teeth will be healthy.

Be careful when you dental floss that you do it correctly straight down and up.

I hope this helps

Amy X

It might take 4 weeks. You probably should switch to a toothpaste with gum-health activity and as the dentist said, you should be gentle when you brush. Also, you don't need to spend more than one to two minutes in brushing.

can take a few months. You should be using a mouth wash too like corsodyl or any anti bacteria mouth wash and flossing is really important too.