What can I do talk to this girl?

So I'm 19 right now, and there's a girl I've liked (who's a year younger than me) for about 4 years or so. We went to the same highschool together and one day I decided to add her on Facebook. We had a couple of chats and she told me a couple of times to talk to her when we saw each other in the hallways and such. Being intimidated and shy as heck I never got the courage to say a word.

I'm currently in my second year of college, and lo and behold on the first day of this new semester I see here on the bus. Again I couldn't bring up the courage to say a word, but I made an attempt to get near her (which didn't help in any way, and probably made things worse for my chances). About a month later I see her again outside one of my classes, but again can't bring myself to say a word.

I like her more than anyone else I've ever liked, and I really want to stop being a coward and finally talk to her. Only problem is, I really don't have any reliable way of contacting her. She has deleted me on Facebook for a couple of years now for reasons unknown, and chances I see her again at the school are very slim.

The only possible method I can think of is sending her an email via the school's email system (every student has one set to their first name and last), but I feel that'd be either kinda creepy or disingenuous.

Is there any possible way of salvaging my mistakes? Or have I dug a hole for myself that I can't get out of?

• Eddi
    Favorite Answer

You have nothing to lose right now and everything to gain.

Your problem in the past, frankly, was that you never actually spoke to her after she expressed an interest in you. She probably thought you did not have a real interest in her. What you are going to have to do is get up the courage to say hello to her and actually talk to her. Email alone is not going to do it.

The best thing to do would be to phone her. Try to see if she has a listed phone number. Call her no more than twice-- and leave a message. No one likes a stalker.

You might was well try to send her an email and suggest that you two get together for a coffee at a cafe somewhere, or something, and see if she responds. Be very friendly and see what happens. You have nothing to lose. But unless you somehow conquer your shyness, you probably will be lonely. So what you can to overcome your social fears. They even have a prescription for this if you want to talk to a doctor.