The truth asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

How long to get rid of gingivitis?

I have been neglecting my teeth for a quite awhile now. I started taking more care of my teeth and body overal for about a week and a half ago. I have been brushing twice daily for about 8 minutes total, using crest pro health twice, and flossing at night. I have very sore gums that bleed a lot when I brush. My gums are also receding. I went to the dentist about 6 months ago and told them I had gingivitis. They told me I brush too hard and they did a cleaning. I know my gums aren't like this only because of brushing too hard. How long will it take to get rid of it with this routine? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Lukewarm water and salt is realy effective...

I test this way and get answer after 1 day...

Source(s): My experience...

First thing you need to do is to throw out the crest pro (and any other similar tooth paste). Instead buy what most dentists themselves use: Closys and/or Biotene (both can be bought on Amazon). The toothpastes are sulfate free (what makes the toothpaste foam), which causes canker sores and is bad for your gums.

Next, you might want to invest into a good electrical tooth brush. The best one out there is Philips Sonicare FlexCare Plus by far. It costs 150, but it is worth it. The philips tooth brush by itself can improve your gum health significantly in 2,3 weeks.

Also, buy Closys or Biotene Mouthwash.

Then just make sure to floss daily, brush your teeth at least twice a day (I usually first brush with the biotene and then with the closys - so I really brush my teeth 4 times a day).

My teeth weren't in too good shape either. I bought Closys, Biotene, and the Sonicare Toothbrush and the next time I visited my dentist he said my teeth were perfect, although the previous time he said my gums were in poor shape and cavities where developing.