How long to get rid of gingivitis?

I have been neglecting my teeth for a quite awhile now. I started taking more care of my teeth and body overal for about a week and a half ago. I have been brushing twice daily for about 8 minutes total, using crest pro health twice, and flossing at night. I have very sore gums that bleed a lot when I brush. My gums are also receding. I went to the dentist about 6 months ago and told them I had gingivitis. They told me I brush too hard and they did a cleaning. I know my gums aren't like this only because of brushing too hard. How long will it take to get rid of it with this routine? Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

You need to gargle warm salt water, also try gargling peroxide, it'll kill all the bacteria in your mouth. gargle for atleast a minute and buy that floss GB St helps your gums...I think its called glide, you could also look into a waterpik, keep taking care of them and they will look better. oh one more thing, I recommend you buy XYLI-WHITE toothpaste, its sorta pricey but I have noticed a huge change in my teeth and gums from only using it a week