What is Fannie Mae-Homepath loan?

What exactly is Fannie Mae and how does it relate to homepath.com?

I went to a local bank to ask for mortgage loan for a condo in a mostly rental subdivision, but instead the mortgage banker told me that it's hard to get loan for such condo. Then, he proceeded to talk about the Fannie Mae, and there are some condos (listed in homepath.com). These are Fannie Mae owned. They make exceptions on those and would actually provide loan. So, the banker pull out an application

He also talked about loan from the bank itself which has higher rate. I wonder why he isn't trying to get me to get loan from bank instead, but Fannie Mae. So, will applying directly actually be cheaper?

His title mortgage banker/Realtor. Can someone else please explain? Im totally confused

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

As far as I know, the HomePath financing is available only on Fannie Mae-owned properties. This option offers great benefits such as low down payment, no mortgage insurance, expanded seller contributions, etc. to the homeowners taking out this type of loan. HomePath Mortgage is available for move-in ready properties for both owner occupants as well as investors.

• 7 years ago

Fannie Mae offers financing for their homes through Homepath. Finance with as little as 3% down, no appraisal and no mortgage insurance. Not all banks are Homepath qualified. Go to www.homepath.com for a list of qualified lenders in your area.

realtor.sailor

Source(s): I'm a Realtor
  • 3 years ago

the abode on Elm highway? White Garages? college Districts? you're suitable, this game of putting question marks after genuine belongings matters is relaxing. could be earlier you take part in Yahoo solutions, you study a thank you to pose a question.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.