Question On Korean Entertainment Auditions (Warning: Long Question)?

Hi! I'm an aspiring Korean pop artist and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me? Here's an introduction to myself; along with some shameless advertising ^.^ haha! Firstly, I'm a Filipino girl living in England. I'm currently 16, but turning 17 this year. I am 4"11;... show more Hi! I'm an aspiring Korean pop artist and I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me? Here's an introduction to myself; along with some shameless advertising ^.^ haha!

Firstly, I'm a Filipino girl living in England. I'm currently 16, but turning 17 this year. I am 4"11; short, I know, and 57kg. But I'm on a strict diet already. So, by the start of June, I should be 45/46, give or take (it really depends on my dedication). I don't think that I'm particularly ugly, but I don't think I'm pretty either.. I guess you could say I look average. If you're curious, follow this link-> http://alexandra-molines.tumblr.com/

As my main talent, I am a singer. I have been singing ever since I was old enough to make sounds with my mouth, and I'm not exaggerating. I have been brought up with music all my life and have also been taking lessons for some time now. I can also play the guitar to a decent level (more rhythmic and lead), the piano (but hardly at all), the drums (only simple beats) and the trumpet (although I haven't played it for about 5 years now). I write my own songs and have about 15 or so written already. I wouldn't say I'm great at writing songs, but I guess my songs are tolerable. Here's a link of me singing if you want to check it out -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxH54HphCNI (sorry for the bad quality, my camera isn't very good). I'll be uploading Korean songs in the future, so you can wait for that if you want. These covers are outdated anyway, I've improved so much more since then. I've also been doing some acting and dancing for the past 3 years. I don't think I'm bad at dancing, just awkward.. and, in acting, I guess you could say I'm good? Not great, but definitely would need improvement.

Lastly, in terms of languages, I am fluent in 2; Tagalog (Filipino) and English. I am conversational in Japanese (basic) and can also read and write the basics. In Korean, however, I only know stock phrases and the odd word here and there. The sentence structure is similar to Japanese so I rely on that a lot. I can also understand the odd Spanish word here and there, but I wouldn't say that I would be able to hold a basic conversation.

I'm really sorry for the super long introduction -.- But I really just wanted to explain the details. Anyway, I did warn you guys that it was going to be long. So, here are the questions:

1. How do the auditions work? Number of rounds? Time in between?

2. How crucial is speaking Korean. Would there be, like, interpreters around the audition?

3. Do they prefer a non Korean to sing a Korean song or an English song?

4. I can sing, but I’m not confident in dancing. Is this a problem?

5. Is my age a problem? I know they want their 'auditionees' to be as young as possible. And since I’ll be like 18 in Korean age, will that be a huge problem?

6. Is my weight and height a problem? I drop pounds rather quickly when I’m dedicated and working hard (like 5-6 pounds a week). But I can’t do anything about my height….

7. Is there a time limit for songs?

8. How many songs should I prepare?

9. How will I know if I passed or not? E-mail? Call? Letter?

10. Filipino – Is that ok? Do they take non-oriental Asians? I do look oriental though, but I have dark skin….

11. How important are looks?

12. I’d like to see if I can audition for acting too, how do I let them know that?

13. For acting, do I need to do it in Korean?

14. I know they’ll be teaching me Korean if I get in, but how intensive is it? I mean, do they conduct exams and stuff?

15. Would the amount of languages I know be, in any way, an advantage for me? I learn languages pretty quick, so I guess that’s an advantage. But do I need to be conversational when I go to auditions?

16. What are they looking for in the audition? I know they want to see talent. But are they like normal western auditions; looking at personality and ‘sparks’ or ‘magic’?

17. Lastly, this is more of a personal thing, but do you think I’m good looking enough? How’s my English? Also, what do you think of my voice?

Thank you for taking the time to read through this lengthy question, I really appreciate it! :D