Weight issues with my cat? Advice?

Hi, so my cat Gigi is 5 years old now. She was always pretty trim, and active. Almost directly after I got her spayed, she gained a huge amount of weight, and began eating more. For the last year or so, she has only been fed blue buffalo, is up to date on her shots and worms, and seems to be generally happy. She is... show more Hi, so my cat Gigi is 5 years old now. She was always pretty trim, and active. Almost directly after I got her spayed, she gained a huge amount of weight, and began eating more. For the last year or so, she has only been fed blue buffalo, is up to date on her shots and worms, and seems to be generally happy. She is also 17lbs, and the vet says that she should be around 10. Of course i have tried many things, and not many have been helpful for her. She seems happy, she regularly goes to the bathroom, and does play with my other cat and me. The vet said tha many cats, especially females tend to gain weight after spaying. But she almost feels like she has a lump or impacting mass. My vet said there was nothing to be scared of, but I am seeking other advice. I will seeking another vet, and thought maybe someone would have some advice on the matter! Thank you!
2 answers 2