Im skinny but i have a HUGE stomach?

Ok so I'm a 16 year old African American who is incredibly skinny. Like I have very toned out arms and a nice chest also a great core. I work out everyday. However, it seems WHENEVER I eat I tend to gain a huge excess amount of weight right in my stomach only. My fat doesn't go anywhere else besides my stomach. My family always talks about how I need to eat more well it clearly isn't helping. Because it only goes to my stomach and my stomach only. I won't gain weight anywhere else my face is still skinny and my arms only get bigger when i decide to work them out. Why does my weight ONLY go to my stomach. This a problem I really have trouble dealing with because I was once fat when I was younger. But as I had grown older I had gotten out of that. What is the problem. Also why does it only go to my lower stomach, my upper stomach is somewhat skinnier but my lower region is absolutely huge. I hate this problem and it really makes me sick to need to deal with this. Someone please help me with some ideas of how to get rid of it. Also why it only goes there.

• ny
    Favorite Answer

stomach is your problem area. It's where your body stores food in case of famine. Everyone has such an area. You probably did some sit-ups or such, so you have some muscles on your upper abs. And you have less muscle on your lower abs. So, your body stores fat in your problem area, and first in the lower abs, where there is a lot of space for it (little to know muscle). Then on the upper abs, where there are some more muscles underneath, and so you have less fat there.

It's all genetic.

jogging is an excellent exercise because it let you lose weight

evenly throughout your whole body. If you want to lose weight in

specific areas, you should target them with exercises. If they are

your problem areas, they will be very difficult to tone. You will have

to work double on them. The best approach is this:

1. Lower/control your daily calorie intake (control for normal

weight, lower for overweight).

2. Run/jog to lower your overall body fat percentage.

3. Target your problem areas with exercises.

an excellent exercise you can do it at home in front of your TV:

Attach a couple of ankle weights to your ankles.

Lay down on the floor or any other hard

surface. Use an exercise rug so as not to bruise your spine off the

floor. Put your hands behind your head, or spread them wide. Lift

your legs perpendicular to the floor, stop for a second. Lower the

legs down. Repeat ten times, stop. Turn on your stomach, raise on

your hands, with the lower part of the body on the floor, as if

trying to look at the ceiling. Turn back, do another set. Do three

sets with ten repetitions every day. In a week, you should see the

results. Once you are used to the exercise, and your muscles won't

get stronger anymore, add weight to your ankle weights. Remember:

repeating the same easy exercise many times won't help. Do it only

with the weights. Simple leg raises do not work. Use weights,

they do wonders. Stretch your spine between repetitions. Be careful

not to go for too heavy weight at once. Do not increase the weights

continuously, stop when your abs are defined - too heavy weights

will lead to injuries.

Hey there :)

Well I think you're problem is that you need to put on some weight. When you're very skinny, you're stomach tends to bloat..

Also it could just be the natural shape of you're body, and you need to accept it then..

Just remember, what we look like isn't the most important thing, love yourself no matter what you look like, then you'll be able to have killer confidence.. ;)

And the people who love you.. Won't love you for a flat belly or strong muscles, but for who you are :)

First you must take a look at your family tree - it's ALL in the DNA, but if you are the only one with this problem, look at what you are drinking - if your already drinking beer, and from the bottle, pour your beer into a glass first, that breaks the "hops" in half,that's 50% less calories! - Otherwise, if I read your question correctly you are 16 years old, Your still growing and will until your approximately 22-years old. This "belly" you speak of, you could grow out of in the next few years, let say 18-19. If all that I have said is totally off base, then see your family doctor. Believe me though, your not pregnant! LOL

It might be a hormone issue. Check your pancreas (insulin), and adrenal glands (cortisol, adrenalin).

Exercise can be useful as an auxiliary method, but not as the main one. Search the internet for information about alpha and beta receptors. It will help you understand how these things work.

Excersice maybe I have big stomach too I can't get rid off too much rice

When making cookies, bake half the batch and scoop the rest into ice-cube trays. When ones sweet tooth kicks in, pop out one and bake it to meet your craving without breaking this calorie bank.

1

Source(s): Ways to Build Muscle http://emuy.info/MuscleStrengthHealth/?1w9W

Skip ordering pizza and make one of them crusts at home: gluten-free special potato crust, a quinoa tulsi crust that's also gluten cost-free, or this low-carb cauliflower brown crust area.

Share weight-loss goals with co-workers so one of these invite you for a postwork Zumba class rather then happy hour.

For salty-sweet cravings, bake a batch of these roasted honey-cinnamon chickpeas.