Do I need a wide snowboard?

I have a size 13 boot, (ThirtyTwo STW Boa) and are really liking this board and it doesn't come in wide so I would rather not go wide. I am 5 foot 7 and 115 lbs, I am looking to have this a little longer so I should be like 5 foot 10 and 130 lbs. I checked the frostyrider.com clalculator and it said 152 (length) and 262 (width) and the board is 249 at the width because I am looking at the 151 one. If you could help that would be much appreciated, thanks.

board- http://www.the-house.com/9855btvrd12zz-burton-snow...

Favorite Answer

You definitely need a wide board. Usually the cutoff mark is somewhere around size 11.5. Especially if you're getting a board that is generally a lot shorter than most with size 13 boots. I don't know if they make wides at the 151 length, but you should be able to find a 153W somewhere. Trust me, you do not want toe/heel drag while you're snowboarding. I'be had my size 10.5 boots dig into the snow on steep carves before and it completely wipes you out, not very fun.