What do I wear to a jrotc military ball?

I'm a 15 year old girl, freshman, and yesterday a guy asked me to military ball. He doesn't know any details so he's not too helpful haha. They will all be in green uniforms. Some people say I have to wear a long dress. Others say it can be long or short. So I don't know. Any ideas? Also, how long will the ceremony be and what type of music will there be? Will there be slow dancing? Any other helpful information on jrotc mil balls will be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Best Answer

Don't dress like a slut, wear a semi-formal dress preferably black or blue. I've been to them and some people have worn yellow and red dresses they stick out so hard. Also, people have been kicked out for dresses that rise above the knee and show thigh.

You arrive, talk for 30 minutes till everyone shows up. They talk for 15 minutes welcoming everyone and thanking everyone then you eat. After you eat there is a 30 minute or so award ceremony depending on how many people show up then they quiet everyone down again and pick Mr. and Mrs. JROTC they crown them and the last 1-2 hours is talking, eating, dancing (formally not twerking) It doesn't need to be ball room dancing but nothing crazy.

• purwin

nicely you are able to could make it a fashion longer , this is an ideal social gathering so this is relatively helpful to flow with a ball gown that hits the floor and extreme heels ( any length ) even possibly 6 in in case you are able to stroll in them . in case you do win and flow on degree with a gown that short all human beings will could bow there head ( and not by using fact your queen ) lol , so yea , don't be annoying , this is greater formal then say homecoming the place all the ladies are wearing wonderful little short attire .

Presuming you are not in JROTC, wear what you would wear to a prom.