Why do black female artists usually use dark skinned men in their videos instead of light skinned men, and com?

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Black women have not been as brainwashed to look for a more Euro appearance in our men..we have grown up around men of various shades and find them to be attractive...think of some of the first matinee idols like Sidney Poitierr..dark whereas the first black women on screen identified to be attractive were ppl like Lena Horne..also the famous quadroons coveted by white men during and after slavery times were also coveted by our blk men so they have had that light skin business foisted on them for centuries...we are off the plantation but the plantation won't get off of us.

Are you sure it isn't the other way round?

I always thought it was dark skinned men using light skinned women?

But meh, I could be wrong.

They don't....The leads are usually light skinned men...The only recent ones I can think of with dark men are those Alicia Keys vids...The one with Mos Def and I think "Teenage Love Affair"

Does it really matter?

It is a music video which isn't really life. I can care less.

dark men are supposedly more masculine than lighter shade black men or something like that . i'm sure thats the reason .

• Jenny

???