Zoloft: Am I over-medicated, under-medicated, or right where I'm supposed to be?

A little back-history about me; I am a recovering drug addict. Almost 8 months ago I finally hit my rock bottom. I was sent to an outpatient care center, when at the time, I was prescribed Zoloft 50mg. I stayed at the outpatient intensive treatment center just long enough until I was able to get my dosage increased to 100mg of Zoloft. I was manipulative and selfish in the beginning.

Since then, I have been attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings and have been clean for almost 8 months.

The 100mg of Zoloft has worked very well for me for the past 7 months. But I guess lately, I just feel really depressed. I tried to quit smoking cigarettes and it was extremely difficult, so maybe my stress and depression was aimed towards that. However, I can't stop thinking that maybe it's my medication.

I've been starting to notice myself lately. I'm extremely mellow for the most part now, which is what I wanted when I became clean, but now I just feel like I can't enjoy things to the fullest extent. I can't experience emotions the way that I used to.

I'm constantly forgetting things or when certain things happened. I can't remember things very well, and when I tell a story I have to pause to remember the story. It's incredibly aggravating for me.

And sure, my mind is mellow and I feel calm, but I'll start to over-analyze situations and I can't stop thinking about them. I'll get a rush of anxiety and I'll feel terrible for the whole day. Lately I've just been getting terrible mood swings, and I feel as though I'm hurting others by my mood swings :/

I've lost interest in my meetings lately. I guess I just kind of feel depressed.

I'm not sure if this medication is exactly where I'm supposed to be. I'm not sure if I'm undermedicated or overmedicated. I'm just really confused.

If anyone has any experience or advice, I would surely appreciate it.

Thank you for your time!

Katie

• Mawia
    Favorite Answer

get to a doctor asap, or you could relapse. More or less Zoloft may not be the answer, you may need to add other therapies to the ones you are already using.

Individually, I suppose i'm below-medicated for my issues reason they look to make little change to my depression etc. Nonetheless, i would instead be underneath-medicated than over!!

I urge operating VPNMaster to unblock websites and browse anonymously. It is very safe, fast and very cheap. Check it out at http://alturl.com/bzioi