Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 years ago

I am on my parents' phone plan. Can they see if I call a suicide Hot-line?

My parent's pay for my phone and can see who i text and the numbers of who I call. I don't want them to see I called the suicide prevention number. Since the hot-line is a confidential thing, can my parents still see the number? Thanks in advance.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • kert
    Lv 7
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

If they get an itemized bill all they will see is an 800 number. It could be anything they will see 800 and think it's a free call. They won't care if it cost nothing. 800 - 886 - 888 are free.

On another note if you were calling one of those numbers, you in some pain. I can't take that pain away but I have a link to a web site. I'm not comparing my pain to yours. But I have had some pain in my life. If you would just read the first couple paragraphs on this site you might find something to help you handle the pain. It is not religious, it's done by •The Samaritans - trained volunteers are available 24 hours a day to listen and provide emotional support. You can call a volunteer on the phone, or e-mail them. Confidential and non-judgmental. Short of writing to a psychotherapist, the best source of online help.

I'm here today because an elderly lady, Elenor, gave this to me. http://www.metanoia.org/suicide/spagebw.htm

If you want you can message me, click on my picture. That takes you to my profile. There an email link beside my pic. If you send me a message that way I never see your email address I have to reply through the same link.

I don't know your age but if your a teen and LGBT try this site http://www.thetrevorproject.org/chat

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

" can see who i text and the numbers of who I call"

You answered your own question.

They won't be able to find out WHAT you talked about, but if they can see the numbers, then they can see you called a suicide prevention number.

"the number should not show up on bill as it is conferdential. "

No, the NUMBER isn't confidential AND it's on the bill of the phone used to call it. How the hell can that be "confidential"?

It isn't the number, it's the conversation that is protected.

• HALO
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

If they are looking for it they may wonder about it. You can say you dialed the wrong number. If you are thinking about doing that you should talk to your parents because suicide is not the answer to your problems it will not resolve anything only hurt alot of people that love you dearly.

• 7 years ago

It depends on the carrier. I would just uses a pay phone to call a hot-line

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Allan
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

the number should not show up on bill as it is conferdential.

i hope the phone call helped i have been there myself and i hope you go and seek councilling it helped me feel normal again and loved.

good luck

• 7 years ago

If you delete it, then they won't see it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.