promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 7 years ago

What's the most stopping power you can carry with your ccw in Cali legally?

I know .357 or .44 mag has more stopping power but only 6 shots... Is 10 shots of .45 or .40 gonna do the trick or is their a .357 mag semi auto out their I can't find? Please help

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

There are both .357 Mag and .44 Mag semi-auto pistols on the market, but they are stinking HUGE and heavy. The fact that they shoot through schools is also of some concern. If you want to see one, look for Desert Eagle weapons on google. The .44 Mag weighs 3 pounds, and is very picky about ammo. Shoots like a .38 Spcl though... it's gas operated.

One should never attend a gunfight with a weapon with a caliber that begins with a number lower than 4.

A 10mm, .40S&W, .44 Spcl, or good old .45 ACP are very, very good at making bad guys stop what they are doing. The .40 can be had in a fairly small package, but you are only going to have 5-7 rounds ready. if that isn't enough, you shouldn't have been where you were to begin with.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Laine
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

There is no magic caliber that will immediately drop an attacker in their tracks. A central nervous system disabling shot will stop the threat immediately, however it is a very small target. When dealing with lethal situations in which your life is in danger remember your ABCs from First Aid classes. Airway, Breathing, and Circulation. The person trying to harm you must be distracted from harming you. You must do whatever is necessary to see that you survive the encounter. Things that affect your attacker's Airway, Breathing and Circulation tend to create the necessary distraction to stop the threat and create an opportunity for you to remove yourself from the life threatening situation. As for firearms, they are incredibly valuable tools as they equalize encounters between say a 20 year old male and a 70 year old female-that is some serious equalization. I would select a reliable firearm with reasonably priced and available ammunition so that I could practice and become proficient with the tool.

• HD
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

i carry a 45, if you need more than 6 rounds you shouldn't be carrying a handgun. i use a 45 not for the extra rounds but for the stopping power.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

It doesn't really matter.

You don't need guns.

And certainly when a bullet hits someone it doesn't much matter whether the bullet is big or huge.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.