Tony Jaa Vs Jackie Chan?

????????/ Tony Jaa should be known more!!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In a fight:

There is no actual evidence of Tony Jaa being a fighter, they both really have very similar credentials.

Tony Jaa used to watch Jackie Chan, Jet Li and Bruce Lee growing up and would mimic their moves, he then did muay thai but probably never competed, he then went onto become a stuntman and then an actor.

Jackie Chan was enrolled in a Chinese opera school which was really tough and strict training in martial arts, acrobatics and performing. He also admired Bruce Lee and wanted to be like him, he became a stunt man and then an actor.

Jackie Chan back in the day especially and still now is much bigger than Tony Jaa, both have great fighting skills, so it's hard to call.

But then again Tony Jaa is much younger, Jackie is an old man now, so I think Tony would probably win due to faster reactions and better fitness.

As for acting:

Jackie Chan's films are much better, he is much funnier and has much more realistic fight scenes, Although Ong Bak was really awesome his other films weren't really that good, Tony is also like God in most of his films, he barely ever gets hit, Jackie does and he is much funnier and more diverse as an actor and director.

Yeah Tony isn't that big, even though Ong Bak is a really popular film worldwide, I think the sequels didn't do him any justice, he needs to be in more films before he gets better known, Jackie Chan has been acting since way before Jaa was born, for all we know Jaa might be even bigger than Jackie is now when he is in his late 50's

• 3 years ago

Jackie Chan Vs Tony Jaa

• 4 years ago

Tony Jaa is also good in stunt but playing safe. Unlike Jackie Chan when he was young; he is stunt guy, and he play also as a double, and sometimes he needs also a double when he got critical injures like; bone break, in ribs, leg, skull, elbow, finger. And he is also a Director. And he have a Jackie Chan's Stuntmen Association. Jackie Chan still the legend and fearless. Don't you know that; Tony Jaa was born in Surin province, Isan, Thailand, and was raised in a rural area in Surin. His hometown is 400 km from Bangkok. As he grew up he watched films by Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Vince Lam and Jet Li at temple fairs, which was his inspiration to learn martial arts. Just keep that in mind. if there is no Hongkong style action film in this world, maybe the Muay Thai action of Tony Jaa has no stunt just Muay Thai.

• s
    Lv 5
    7 years ago

Tony Jaa is an actual martial artist fighter. Jackie Chan is just a stuntman. His previous occupation, before blowing up as a huge superstar, was in a circus troupe. He actually has no background in martial arts.

Source(s): 15 years of martial arts.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Lol tony jaa looks more intimidating. Would want to fight him. I ll take Jackie though

• 7 years ago

I prefer Jackie Chan.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

If they were in a room chock full of furniture then jackie would still lose because tony would f*** up the furniture

• muncy
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

I believe it would be the group of Van Damm and Segal. Arnold would no longer be a component. Segal is the perfect rating Akido master in the USA. He is the one American to coach in Japan. He's a 7th dan. I'm not definite about Van Damm however with that type of Akido coaching most effective three opponents can be nothing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.