In what extended "spanking is beneficial" for children and family as well ?

Parents , caregivers and teachers still might believe that physical punishment or corporal punishment is beneficial . and in contrast might others sure that punishment leads to emotionally , physically and socially damaging children .

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Hmm, well we as a country started to "poo-poo" spanking about 20-25 years ago. The reasoning was it condones violence and produces more violent child and adults. Since then, we have seen violence rise significantly in our society. School shootings are now common place, schools look like war zones instead of places of higher learning.

We can have the "experts" say what they want, but REALITY and actual events say otherwise. Our society is more violent than it has ever been. Spanking wasn't done...now the kids grow up and do not realize the consequences of their actions.

Just one person's opinion backed up by the facts we see everyday in our news of the day.

I can see both sides of this argument. I was disciplined with corporal punishment, and I suppose I turned out okay, except I have anger/resentment issues like you wouldn't believe. For this reason, I do not spank my kids. For me, it's not the ones I knew I had coming that I most resent, it's the times when I was punished but I was innocent of the offense that stick out in my mind.

What I find odd in today's enlightened view, is that you are no longer allowed to practice corporal punishment in schools, yet there is an armed officer in school who very well could shoot them under certain circumstances. Maybe an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure.

a million- Spanking is accomplished for extreme issues here. my husband spanks the older 3 if needed. utilising something different than a open hand on the backside is a criminal offense in Canada and it must be sensible ( seem up Canadian criminal regulation area 40 3 on the cyber web ). that's dicey looking on what a judges opinion is on the subject. you may in uncomplicated terms spank here from the age of two to age 12. There are lots greater effective procedures of punishment for toddlers over the age of 6 years. 4- Boys are 5, 8 10 and 12 I evaluate them very properly behaved and have had lots of surprising comments concerning to that. My boys have continuously had a heat loving domicile, stable communique with us as dad and mom and stable domicile existence. ( Connie mom of four Boys )

I believe that hitting children is terrible, I was hit as a child whenever I did something wrong and it made me scared instead of learning exactly what it really was that I needed to learn. It is best to just talk to your children and take away privileges, but hitting is just scary.