Who do you think killed John F. Kennedy? Do you believe any of the conspiracy theories?

I have to do power point presentation in a forensic science class on what I believe about JFK's assassination. I want to hear other people's thoughts on it. I'm leaning toward the conspiracy theory about how Lee Harvey Oswald was just a cover up for something even bigger. Things just don't add up. I believe some of the motives might of been because of Cuba and the middle crisis or that JFK wanted to end the federal reserve or that Lyndon B. Johnson wanted to be president and the only thing in his way was JFK. So yeah, I would like to hear what you believe and information to support it. Any videos or images would be helpful too.

• Favorite Answer

So far, 50 years on, the only actual evidence points to...

Lee Harvey Oswald. Sorry conspiracy buffs-that's the way it is.

The problem is that the conspiracy people aren't above simply making crap up, knowing that most people who know it's bull won't say anything, but that most people who don't know will.

The thing about the Federal Reserve is a good example, because when you look at the actual evidence, it directly refutes the idea that the Fed was behind it.

First, know that EOs don't create new power. So the Treasury Department can only do what the law allows, and an EO can't change that. If the Treasury could issue silver certs after 11110, they could also do it before-which they did. Silver Certificates had been issued by the US continuously since 1878. All 11110 did was to delegate that existing authority to the Treasury Secretary. But the theorists have to act like it was something new-because "Kennedy signed this thing that gave the Treasury new power, so they killed him" is a lot sexier than "Kennedy signed this thing that made a minor tweak in how they were issued".

And the same day he signed EO 11110, he signed Public Law 88-36, which for the first time, gave the Fed the authority to issue $1 and $2 Federal Reserve Notes. In the case of the $1 bill, this was vital-the only $1 bill in circulation at the time was the silver certificate, and the government was close to running out of available silver to back them. If that happened, the government couldn't issue $1 bills. That law, BTW, was something Kennedy had been asking for since 1961.

So, you've got Kennedy asking for two years for a law to allow the Fed to issue $1 bills, and when it finally is passed, he signs it, and then delegates the authority to issue silver certs during the transition to the treasury secretary. Does that really sound like he was "trying to end the Fed"?

You've mentioned "motives", and that's good, because it shows that you probably understand that motives aren't evidence. For example--you mentioned that one motive was that LBJ wanted to be president. Yes he did, but so do a lot of people--that doesn't mean any of them did it.

Given typical government incompetance there couldn't have been a cover up that would have worked. Lee Harvey Oswald was nuts. Crazy poeple don't make sense and therefore his motive need not make any sense. No one questions the motives of the guy who shot Reagan. He was nuts too but for some reason people belive him. As for the balistics. I shoot and I have seen bullets do things that are hard to believe. It is a high energy event with so many variables it is possible for all kinds of things to happen.

• ?

to be honest with you, you cant go by the zapruder film any more because that is a hoax, it was released in its entirety in early 1975 on a show called good night america, there wasnt any press there that day with the exception of the few press that rode in the car that was 5 car lengths back, of jfks limo. so whats left, just a few morning papers that wrote about the shooting, not much real evidence, i believe that jfk faked his own death,

• R T

The mafia was pissed off because of Kennedy's crackdown on crime. The rumors were that JFK's father, Joe Kennedy, was pretty thick with organized crime and the Unions, so they stuffed the ballot boxes so JFK would win. JFK gets in and then goes after organized crime.

Source(s): ///

He was killed by the globalist that run everything from behind the federal reserve.

on 6/4/63, JFK signed executive order 11110. this would have allowed the US Treasury to issue real money without the Federal Reserve. this did not fit with the globalists plans, so they had him killed. the next president, LBJ, threw out Kennedy's orders. and we havnt had a president try to end the fed since.

John F Kennedy was driving in an open car. Thousands of people lined the streets to watch him as he passed by and waived to them. He couldn't have been a more open target.

Given these conditions, ask yourself, how difficult would it have been to shoot him? Would it have required some kind of elaborate conspiracy?

I'll let you reach your own conclusion.

• willie

i believe that LBJ plotted the assassination of JFK. we have a death bed confession naming him from one of the conspirators in watergate. take a look at my link below. this guy was a cia operative and had the power to actually blackmail nixon over watergate.

• Janet

I think Allen Dulles, former director of the C.I.A. is behind the shooting of JFK.

Hint see LBJ

PS read with the idea of lust for power n mind.

the CIA for LBJ