What do you think when you see a fat person working out?

Because I want to start going to the gym, I work out at home but I want more options. But I think people will judge me.

Emma, I didn't ask how to lose weight. I already know how to.

Favorite Answer

You shouldn't care about other people, i find you very courageous to go to the gym if you don't find yourself well looking. Most people are there for that too, remember. And it won't take long before you get shapped as hell. Also remember that people who are really hot and workout a lot started one day too !

If you really don't want to look "fat" when you start the gym, exercise a bit more at home and eat healthier :)

Be strong, only those who stand tall to others succeed !

Good luck, Stay cool ;)

I think "good for them" because I know they want to change themselves

I respect everyone who workouts, from people just starting out all the way to bodybuilders

Remember, everyone started from somewhere, no one was born with a ripped body. A lot of the people in the gym start off being fat/out of shape themselves so they should be the last person to judge another one

• EG

They'll think that you're trying to get in shape. If they're judging you the you'll show them when you're in shape. Don't care what they think, you're doing something for you. If they're that vain to judge someone that's trying to work on getting in shape then their the ones with the problem. People seem to judge people even if they seem perfect to someone else. Be you & have fun doing it.

Good for them! Always respect. I understand that it's a tough decision to make for them to be at the gym, and I think it's brave and awesome.

if i see a fat person working out it actually makes me smile because i KNOW that they're going to lose weight and at least they're trying because they understand how society works. :D

I think of him as someone that hopfully wants to change his life for the better. And someone willing to go through hell to get in the best shape of his life

You're actually doing something and trying, so I wouldn't think they would judge.

the judgement will range from, good for them, to 'bout time, to it's too late. Don't worry about it, do it for yourself. Health risks and all.

I think good for them, I hope they keep it up.