If an eBay buyer opens a case for a refund, but you haven't received their money?

I recently sold 2 items on eBay which I made £20, the 2 items were bought by the same person.

I sent them 2 days later, now he has opened a case stating he has not received the items and wants a refund. The problem is, I haven't received any money from him, he has taken £10 from me which is not his, he is threatening to leave negative feedback, he said I am not helping him, or answering his questions, I have answered every question he has asked me, and I am trying my best to get this sorted out. So is this right for him to take money away from me which I haven't received from him?

PayPal told me it was fine to send the items, but now he's getting all angry.

• !
    Favorite Answer

Sounds as if you are a new seller and he has paid by Paypal, and Paypal are holding the funds - OR the e-mail you received from "Paypal" saying it was OK to send the things was a scam.

If he's opened a dispute, ebay will ask for your side of the story. Log in to your account and go to the Resolution Centre. Explain things from your point of view and enclose a scan of your proof of posting (even if you don't have a tracking number, at least you show when his winnings were posted).

• M W

Sending items before you get paid is always a very bad thing. If you use Paypal shipping label, they won't let you print a label until the money is in your account.

They can't take money that was never there. It sounds like you got scammed. If your responses to buyer and to Paypal are as confusing as your question here, you probably won't settle it to your advantage.

Go to Ebay and file a dispute "Item not paid for". Handling this through Ebay is your only option.

The customer has the impressive to return the article for a whole refund below paypal and ebay customer take care of. the customer will could return the article at their own fee plus grant a monitoring #. you are going to now no longer have the means to get admission to the quantity of money the object bought for except the dispute is resolved. which you would be able to flow into the purchasers exhibit call and deliver a request for the guy information and you'd be sent an digital mail with the clientele call and speak to # I advise calling them and seeing if which you will with politeness artwork concerns out. could be which you will adjust to a partial refund in the event that they could choose to maintain the article. If now no longer, you will have have been given to respond on paypal to the member reaction section, basically bear in mind to stay respectable and non accusatory as a stable thank you to harm your case.

EBAY BUYERS ARE THINKING LIKE THEY ARE GOD AND CHEAT ANY ONE. IF PAYPAL IS TELLING U TO SEND THE ITEM , THEN DONT WORRY SEND THE ITEM WITH TRACKING. ONCE U HAVE TRACKING PARCEL, PAYPAL WILL HAVE TO GIVE U MONEY ANY HOW. AND LATER ON U AN REMOVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK TOO.

• Kini

How did he take money from you? If he opened a dispute, you should respond to Ebay with your proof of shipping you can upload to them. Thats all you need do.

dont worry about the feedback, you can have it removed for the threats. if he does leave a neg you can contact ebay and forward the feedback threat and they will remove it