What are some less well-known books which you think deserve more recognition?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

A Certain Slant of Light by Laura Whitcomb

- I thought the writing was wonderful. It was witty and mature for a YA romance, complicated, beautiful and dramatic for a book that really wasn't suspenseful or mysterious at all. Its the story of the love between two ghosts as they possess the bodies of two people who's souls have vacated them, dealing with their very oppressive families and the modern world. Absolutely fascinating.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young

- It's a dystopian novel I really loved but don't see anyone talking about when they start talking about dystopian novels (because, sure). I can definitely see why it's not for everyone, the writing has been severely degraded for effect. Saba can't read or write and the way she narrates herself proves it. If you can get over yourself and your own education not to jump through the ceiling at all the short, grammatically incorrect sentences, its a great adventure story. I found it added to the sense of urgency to the story. Really fast paced and never boring. Lots of strong Katniss type women.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

What's Eating Gilbert Grape by Peter Hedges. I think more people are familiar with the movie if anything, but it's excellent. It's definitely in my top five favorite books, and it's the only one in that list of mine that isn't acclaimed as a classic.

• 7 years ago

Rebecca Maizels books! The first one is Infinate Days, its her first book and the second on is Stolen Nights! its going to be a trilogy i thing!! Its fantasy and i dont really get into this type of fantasy but it wa great!!

• 7 years ago

Under the Volcano by Malcolm Lowry.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 years ago

Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood. Truly an amazing novel. It asks questions that most of us refuse to consider. Definitely give it a read.

• 7 years ago

Cloud Atlas, both the book and movie.

• 7 years ago

Books of Faerie by Magie Stiefvater

Pure by Julianna Baggot

Starters by Lissa Price

Ermm....tryna think, will get back to you if I think of anymore :) btw, please answer mine? ty

• 7 years ago

wardstone chronicles

by joseph delaney.

all fantastic books

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.