Why do alot of people hate homeschooling?

I love it, I only have to do like 1-3 hours of school work a day. Then I have the rest of the day off.. I usually go swimming daily, while no ones home cause im bored.

YEh, I understand that. But I have alot of friends around my neighborhood.

Favorite Answer

I agree with Sha_lyn.

Most homeschool haters aren't even homeschoolers, they attend online public schools. Kids who attend schools like K12 or Connections Academy sometimes have issues with time management and online distractions. They end up falling behind in their studies and having poor attendance, so they blame homeschooling, when they should be blaming themselves.

The other haters are just jealous or don't understand what homeschool really is. When people don't understand something, they tend to criticize.

Some people view homeschoolers as a threat. When other parents find out a family homeschools, they take it as an attack (or judging) their decision to send their kids to public school, which is wrong. I don't care if they send their kids to public school.

Most TRUE homeschoolers LOVE homeschooling.

I would have to say its because no social and you basically sit home all day in the same spot for 5 hours or more doing schooling not getting to hang with friends at school and alot of breaks it's boring, and no social, no sports, or eating with your friends at lunch it becomes depressing and stressful cause you have test like every other 3 days online so all you really do is study for alot of test almost in every subject, while public school is different. another reason is that you get out of the house in public school, rather than being home schooled and parents going everywhere each day unless the person has a car and can pay for the gas. I hate home schooling, so I don't blame them, but then some people enjoy it.

Most of the students who claim that they hate being homeschooled are in fact not being homeschooled. They are typically students enrolled in an online public school. Their complaints range from receiving little to no teacher support, to having no time to socialize due to the 7-8 hrs a day they have to spend on the computer doing their school work.

Wake up ! A lack of social activities is nonsense. Because you are not stuck in school all day you have time for more social activities than anyone else on the planet. You are also able to deal effectively with people from 3 to 103 instead of saying "well, I am in ______ grade so I can't talk to anyone not in my grade". Jealously is the reason people hate homeschooling. They can follow their own drummer.

I think some parents think the child in homeschool will become "antisocial" and that the parents are depriving them of life. I for one wish I was homeschooled in elementary, I hated my classmates lol

They see it as something that would mess up the school system. A lot of people hate it because they don't know anything about it. I love it, too.