Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 years ago

Poll: Alaskan Husky or Siberian Husky?

Which do you think is prettier?

I get bored.. What's your answer?

Favorite Answer

Alaskan Husky is not a breed. I can find you an Alaskan that is almost identical in looks to any Siberian Husky in the world. I can also find you Alaskans that look like hounds, pointers, and the other breeds crossed to make the functional landrace.

I am not overly attracted to the Siberian "look" and I have seen some dashingly handsome and unique combinations in Alaskans - so I would have to lean that way. But I can't make a general statement about a group of dogs with no set appearance or characteristics.

• joanne

That would be Alaskan MALAMUTE or Siberian Husky!!

If someone is trying to sell you an Alaskan Husky that's a mixed breed.

Having grown up in the north I love the Malamute for its size, colour and personality.

• CDog

Siberian. Alaskan Huskies are mixed, so there really isn't that much of a true type, ie. Siberians always have pricked ears, whereas Alaskans don't.

Siberian. Alaskans are just Siberians mixed with other breeds like Malamutes, Shepherds, and Hounds.