Justice of the peace .. Phila?

I am going to get my marriage license and wondering how the justice of the peace works... And where it is in city hall at court in another building ... The cost ?? Do you make an appt are they open weekends ... Not sure how it works thanks

1 Answer

  • Best Answer

    In the court house. You can pay an extra $200 (here) to have the JOP travel to a park or somewhere similar to perform. The fee for a marriage license is $100 here. Naturally it varies. You call the court house and ask them all your questions. The court house is closed on the weekends. If you want to have your wedding on a weekend speak to the judge about it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.