Where do young people live in brooklyn?

I was wondering where young ppl live in brooklyn..it doesn't have to be THAT close to Manhattan. I will be attending Hofstra law school this fall of 2013 and thats on Long Island but I want to be in Brooklyn so any suggestions?? It would have to be reasonable as well, and not such an intense commute! :) thanks ya'll!

• LJ
    Favorite Answer

Many young people live in Bed Stuy or Bushwick these days. I can't say I feel those neighborhoods are safe, but I may be wrong. Try are certainly safer than they were years ago.

I always recommend Sunset Park to young people looking for a less expensive part of Brooklyn.

Perhaps I'm just old, but I still think some of the neighborhoods that are trendy with the 20 something set are just a bit rough still.

• Frank

Park Slope is nice. There are some shitty parts of Brooklyn, stay away from Bushwick, Bedford Stuyvesant, East New York...these are NOT nice places.

• ?

Usually in houses or apartments.

They usually live in houses.