Chances for West Point?

Currently I am a sophomore in HS. I go to one of the best high schools in the country, and get mostly As with one or two B's and (unfortunately) two C's in different classes, in different terms, so far this year. I am in Honors History, English, Chinese, and German, and ACP (one level lower than Honors) in... show more Currently I am a sophomore in HS. I go to one of the best high schools in the country, and get mostly As with one or two B's and (unfortunately) two C's in different classes, in different terms, so far this year. I am in Honors History, English, Chinese, and German, and ACP (one level lower than Honors) in Algebra, Global Marketing, and Chemistry. I have no free blocks or study halls in my schedule. I have decided to focus on liberal arts to get me into the Military Academy (and Naval Academy) as my Math and Science skills are not as strong. So my first question is, is that a wise course of action? Will working on math and science be more valuable, if I am not as knowledgable with them and I work better with History etc.? I plan on taking AP US History next year, and AP Political Science in senior year. I always do and plan to fill up my schedule all the way with electives, like Global Marketing, Russian History, East Asian History, etc. I run Varsity XC, wrestle Varsity, and play JV lacrosse. I have 3 Varsity letters as a sophomore, and I am expected to have 8 by the end of senior year. I participate in Key Club and the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, which I have excelled in and will be able to secure my CO's recommendation when the time comes (its not some bullshit unit either, we are the #4 unit in the country). So, what are my chances? Do I have a shot?
6 answers 6