How to paint clouds? What are the basic steps?

I have been trying to paint clouds with acrylics for some times now. I am not satisfied with the outcome yet. Can someone please help me to learn it? I saw the videos in youtube, but when I mimic them the result is so different? What might I be doing wrong?

• Jay
    Favorite Answer

The way I do clouds is this. First paint the whole sky background using white paint so it is wet then using a blue just add dabs of paint here and there. Using a dry brush whisk it back and fourth in a light motion to blend in the colors then add some grey in the shape of clouds and do the same using a dry brush whisking motion and then using more white on top of that in a swirl motion. And eventually it will start to look like real clouds. The problem with acrylics is that they dry very fast ,so you have to do this quickly before all the paint dries. Take a small blank canvas to practice on . Eventually you will get it..