Which specification of engine oil should I put into my 2000 model Corolla VVTI engine?

I've had to be adding oil, up to one quart every month. It's so frustrating!

• Tom M
    Favorite Answer

The problem is not the oil you are using, it is because the oil control rings are stuck on the pistons. Normally the engine would have to be overhauled to correct this. The recommended oil for your engine is 5W-30, I would not stray from that. You could try an oil additive such as Marvel Mystery Oil to try to free the rings and if that does not work you could try adding something such as STP oil treatment to reduce consumption.

Source(s): Toyota Master technician for 33 years
  • ?

My spouse has an 01 corolla. The house owners manual states to alter the engine oil each 6months or four,500 miles which ever occurs first. My spouse thinks it will have to be executed each 3,000 miles or three months like her father taught her. On account that i am changing the oil i am going to comply with the guide traces set by means of Toyota. Toyota engineers are smarter than my father in-regulation!

Hello, I am partial to castrol motor oils. I find they don't break down between oil changes nearly as much as oil's used in quick oil change shops. If you use such as jiffy lube or a quick oil change franchise ? You may want to bring your own oil ( as i do ) and have them add it to your car. Try Castrol 10w30 and see if it helps you ! I'll bet you won't have to add oil between changes..Hope this helps you,Good luck, It works for me !

RTFM!