Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 7 years ago

Backward molar movement with sagittal appliance?

I have been wearing an rn sagittal appliance for a year, to tip upper teeth forward v slowly. Gaps have opened up between my 2nd premolars and canines (1st premolarsmissing) on both sides, and I have noticed a marked disimprovement in lip support and a less comfortable bite (feels like everything at the back is further back). I'm class iii. I read that these appliances can move molars backward - is that what caused the gaps and decrease in lip support at the sides? Do sagittal appliances always have this side effect?I have also noticed disimproved facial appearance. My ortho is a general dentist, and I worry he's messed me up - can my 1st&2nd molars and 2nd premolars be moved forward, back to where they were?

Favorite Answer

FYI, general dentists who do orthodontics have a BETTER grasp of how to properly adjust these appliances than orthodontic specialists. A sagittal can move teeth forward or distalize molars depending on how it is adjusted and how the appliance is constructed. Your bite is uncomfortable because you are in the middle of treatment! How can you expect your bite to feel normal when you are still in treatment and the positions of your teeth have not been finalized?? Think about it, you can't expect your bite to feel or be normal when teeth are still being moved, right? BTW, if you are wearing your appliance as you should, you should NOT be able to tell how uncomfortable your bite is when the appliance is in place. Disfigured facial profiles and TMJ problems are being caused by orthodontic specialists who are still doing bicuspid extraction treatment.

Source(s): functional orthodontist

What's pathetic is you telling others to act their age right earlier than you throw out the historical low forehead "libs" insult. Ok, listen up. I do not provide a damn who is professional-existence or professional-choice. That's their correct to think the best way they do, it doesn't matter what their station in existence. That's what feminism is all about. You're making your possess selections without requiring approval from any outside entity. You might be your own woman and you're making your possess selections. Real feminists do not appear down on women who pick to be homemakers for example. Here comes the foremost section. One other thing that actual feminists do not do is try and drive their opinion on other ladies within the form of legislation. Palin will also be as pro-existence as her little heart desires, however she stops being an recommend for ladies when she seeks to manage their lives by using limiting them to what SHE feels should be their picks. This understand nothing governor also is in opposition to equal pay for ladies and thinks raped females will have to must pay for their own rape kits within the ER. Being a girl of high place of work or excessive station has nothing to do with whether or not or no longer she's excellent for the females's movement. There are a lot of noted, powerful or good recognized ladies who are their possess gender's worst enemies. You don't seem to be quite insulting, just a little ignorant, and that i mean that in an awfully literal experience and no longer as an insult. It's very complicated for guys to get their heads round what a feminist quite is and isn't. Hell, some females don't even get it. EDIT: HELL NO I is not going to forgive you - i'm girl HEAR ME ROAR. Lol simply kidding. Even an historic feminist like me has a humorousness.