Backward molar movement with sagittal appliance?

I have been wearing an rn sagittal appliance for a year, to tip upper teeth forward v slowly. Gaps have opened up between my 2nd premolars and canines (1st premolarsmissing) on both sides, and I have noticed a marked disimprovement in lip support and a less comfortable bite (feels like everything at the back is... show more I have been wearing an rn sagittal appliance for a year, to tip upper teeth forward v slowly. Gaps have opened up between my 2nd premolars and canines (1st premolarsmissing) on both sides, and I have noticed a marked disimprovement in lip support and a less comfortable bite (feels like everything at the back is further back). I'm class iii. I read that these appliances can move molars backward - is that what caused the gaps and decrease in lip support at the sides? Do sagittal appliances always have this side effect?I have also noticed disimproved facial appearance. My ortho is a general dentist, and I worry he's messed me up - can my 1st&2nd molars and 2nd premolars be moved forward, back to where they were?
2 answers 2