promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

is getting your fortune read bad?

I wanna get mines read but i just want to know if its bad or bring lots of bad luck.

Update:

I don't care if it's a waste of money i just want to know it's bad luck or not!!!!!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Rogue
    Lv 6
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It's bad for your pocket book.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Seeing a fortune teller is only 'bad' if you do one of two things. The first thing is believing the religious fanatics who throw bible verses at you and tell you you'll go to hell if you do that stuff. The second thing is believing that the fortune teller has some sort of genuine supernatural ability and is really seeing into your future.

Most fortune tellers are NOT frauds. They have signs up on their wall and in their ads that say "for entertainment purposes only" and some of them will even have their customers sign a disclaimer saying that very thing. They're professional entertainers, and some of them are extremely good at what they do. When you pay a fortune teller, you're paying for the entertainment value. Go ahead and enjoy it.

Fortune telling is a mixture of art and science (I know several of them professionally), and takes years to learn and perfect. The only frauds are the ones that tell you they really are connected to the 'other side' in some way, and those ones are easy to spot and easier to bust. But when a fortune teller says the entertainment-only thing in writing, you don't have to bust anybody. They're being honest when they say that, and you can't bust honesty.

Now that you know the real story behind them (look up cold reading if you want more info), you tell me if it's bad luck or not.

• I've never heard anything about fortune telling bringing bad luck. It's a pretty neutral thing, besides the fact that it's a waste of money.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axn57

Let's say indeed you are a follower of the Bible. If you practice astrology, that is a violation of the First Commandment. No other gods, remember? The origins of astrology are of other cultures with multiple gods. The Hebrews in the bible with their single god, did not practice astrology. They considered all fortune telling an abomination. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that uses divination, an observer of clouds, or a fortune-teller, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or one who calls to the dead. For all that do these things are an abomination to Jehovah. And because of these abominations Jehovah your God drives them out from before you. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) The Bible says that those who are stargazers and make predictions based upon that are in error and will not be saved from judgment: "Keep on, then, with your magic spells and with your many sorceries, which you have labored at since childhood. Perhaps you will succeed, perhaps you will cause terror. All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by. That is all they can do for you—these you have labored with and trafficked with since childhood. Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you. (Isaiah 47:12-15) "If a man or woman living among you in one of the towns the LORD gives you is found doing evil in the eyes of the LORD your God in violation of his covenant, and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky, and this has been brought to your attention, then you must investigate it thoroughly. If it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done in Israel, take the man or woman who has done this evil deed to your city gate and stone that person to death." (Deuteronomy 17:2-5) At least people in this day and age won't stone you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago

No it's not bad at al. Just remember to take care in what parts of it you will actually believe. 3% of it may be a reality and about 97% is by pure coincidence or pure change. Knowing the difference is the hardest part to figure out.

• 7 years ago

Paying money for something completely fake.

Still wondering if it's bad luck or not? It is. You are still paying.

• 7 years ago

"There should not be found in you anyone...who employs divination, a practicer of magic, or anyone who looks for omens or a sorcerer, or one who binds others with a spell or anyone who consults a spirit medium or a professional fore-teller of events or anyone who inquires of the dead. For everybody doing these things is something detestable to Jehovah...." Deuteronomy 18:10

• Dopler
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Only in the sense that you're falling for a con artist's lie.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I have had reading before they were a lot of fun

• 7 years ago

No, it's just a waste of money.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.