Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Trigonometry math help URGENT!!?

2) A right triangle with an area of 100ft^2 has an angle between the adjacent side and hypotenuse of 40(degrees). Find it's perimeter.

*Really confused HELP

4) Find the area of the following sector from a circle:

(Arch) AC: pie/6cm; (side/radius) AB: 2cm

* I got close but didn't get it right I'm so confused

5) If 3COS0 + 1/2 = 2/3 find SIN0

* don't know how to finish this one

6) A line segment makes an angle of 22 (degrees) with the positive x-axis. Find it's slope

* never learned this

7) A prism has an isosceles triangular base with side lengths of 5ft , 5ft and 8 ft. If the prism has a height of 2 yd. what is it's volume?

* again confused

Ok do I know I say confused a lot but our math teacher doesn't actually teach us this stuff and just expects us to figure it out and says we get an F if we don't finish or do the worksheet right. I'm really confused can anyone help me? I don't care if you just answer one of the questions! :D thanks

• ted s
    Favorite Answer

Hmmmm....was going to help on all till your last comment

you do know something about sines , cosines , tangents ???

if H = hypotenuse length then sides are H cos Θ & H sin Θ

area = [ 1 / 2] [side x side]...here 100 = [ 1/ 2] H² sin 40° cos 40° , find H !!

area of circle is π radius² ≡ [ angle measure / 2 ] radius²...holds for parts of circles also

circumference is 2 π r = [ measure of the angle] [ radius]...holds for arcs also

you state the arc has length π / 6 and radius is 2 , thus measure is [ π / 12 ]

{ (π / 12 ) / 2 } (2²) = area