1999 Honda prelude tranny not responding y?

a 1999 Honda Prelude. There is a jdm h22a engine, it's in an American Honda h22a4 and the tranny is not shifting right. ...I made a dizzy for the crank sensor(internal distributor jdm).......

I can drive it in automatic and shift it. When it gets almost to third gear it drops down hard! As if you have slammed on breaks. I changed the shift sensors bc I have to put a key beside shift to release it so that I can put it into drive or reverse. What's causing all this??????

Best Answer

Sounds like the third gear clutch-pack inside your transmission is "toast" considering that the shift lock out was activated. Are there metal shavings attached to your AT fluid drain plug? ( that means your transmission has already pack it's bags... and its on the way out the door) Quite common for this generation especially if your Prelude was abused. You will need a new remanufactered unit or a rebuild sorry to say.

Source(s): 02 Accord V6 coupe manual swap took me 3 weeks, so I dont envy the job.

Sounds like a computer problem.

well at some 14 years old i suspect it has died due to mileage and lack of servicing as well as poor maintenance