Should I go to the ER because of bladder infection?

Ive had a loong history of bladder infections.(almost every other month) so I know the usual routine, but I hating waiting it out overnight, because I end up with no sleep. Ive already taken the max amount of cranberry pills and cytex, but I believe my body has built up almost what id call an immunity to any medications that could help with this. So all I was asking was should I go to the ER tonight, go alnight without sleep or does anyone know of a solution for me???

Favorite Answer

Then again, cranberry pills and such are ONLY for UTI PREVENTION and tackling EXTREMELY MILD infections, so you definitely NEED to get a course of antibiotics matched to the bacteria that causes the infection. Getting consecutive UTIs is ALWAYS a thing that NEEDS to be investigated further, so you also NEED a referral to a urologist for some further tests. There can be anatomical and/or functional reasons for your recurring infections. But first off, please go see a doctor, leave a urine sample to be analysed and get a course of antibiotics.

You are right about getting onto it as soon as possible - sleep is actually one of the best things you can do to help your body to heal itself but I know how hard it can be sleep with a bladder infection!

There are some home remedies you can try that you should be able to find in your pantry.

1. Drink plenty of water - water helps to flush out the infection and also dilutes the urine, making it less painful.

2. Try drinking fresh lemon or lime juice squeezed into water. The alkalinising effect of this can help to dilute the pain.

3. Apple cider vinegar in water can help in treating bladder infections

4. Making a tea from parsley can apparently help too, although I have never tried this.

5. Drinking a teaspoon of seasalt dissolved in water.

Hopefully you should have some of these in your cupboard to try.

Something else I could suggest is baking soda but please be cautious with this.

A teaspoon or so of baking soda in water can help to give you temporary relief from the pain allowing you to get to sleep. The reason I say to use with caution is that in the past when I have used this, it has worked so well I thought it had cured me.

As soon as it's effects wore off, the bladder infection came back worse than ever. If you use it as a temporary measure to get some sleep over night, it should be fine. Again sleep is a great healer, if you can get some sleep it would be great. Another pain relief tip is to have a warm bath with salt in it, which may help you feel a little better, while you wait to see if any of those other treatments works. If you do take the baking soda, be aware you will not be able to see if those other home remedies are working until it wears off. Be sure to avoid all sugary and processed foods and drinks for a few days while you get this sorted.

Best of luck to you and I hope you feel better soon.

Source(s): Afters years of recurring painful bladder infections I have learnt to cure them naturally and more importantly to prevent them.