?
? asked in PetsDogs · 7 years ago

Names for a Newfie? (Newfoundland)?

I'm not saying I'm getting one, but my mom was talking about getting another dog and she really likes Newfie's, same with my sister and dad.

If we did get a Newfie, I was thinking we could name her(we only get female dogs) Koda or Kenai based off of the bears from Brother Bear the movie since Newfie's remind me of bears even though the bears are boys... I still like the names haha. My Aussie is named Khloe with a K so it'd be cool to name another dog with a K.

I want a creative name. not like peanut or coco. I like names like Koda, Kenai, Shasta, even Native American names would be cool since my family is Native American-Italian.

Favorite Answer

Kiki, Kayla, Kyla, etc

You could have a name begining with C though as it sounds the name. It doesn't matter really how a dog's name is spelt. It's all about phonetics and how it sounds.

• Just what Natives love....when people name their dogs after them.

If you actually knew any Natives, then you would know better.

Source(s): Ojibwe
  • ....http://www.native-languages.org/names.htm.....go to this web address and they will suggest names for your dog, in whatever native american language you desire....for a $10 donation or if you put a link to their organization on your website.

Karen

Source(s): Yahoo search...."native american names"....came up with alot of sites for baby names and only one for animals.