Intel vs AMD Processor?

AMD Penom II X4 965 Black Edition or Intel Core i5-2310. I am trying to spend $800 or less on my gaming rig.

I like the price of the AMD better but don't know how well it will handle gaming. I plan to just use the stock CPU cooler. I am just planning to play SimsCity and Call of Duty.

Favorite Answer

Don't follow the heard; Get the Phenom II. I am currently build a computer with that exact CPU and I have saved a ton of money and I have seen it's performance. It has real, 4 processors in it. Intel has this thing about emulating processors even though they have only been able to get up to a quad-core. intel makes it feel as if you are running up to 8 to 12 cores.

That particular intel core runs at 2.90GHz when the Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition runs at 3.4GHz

Even if you shoot for an i7, the Phenom II X4 Black Edition will still bow that sucker out of the water.

Check out this site for referances:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core...

I hope this helps.

Source(s): Building an AMD powered computer.

Part one. Get the Intel it will run games better.

Part two. Do not buy Sims-city the server is broken.

AJ