Do youknow any cool harry potter facts?
Thekind of facts not a lot of people know? (Cause im a big harry potter fan and i like to learn new stuff so)
- FlameOn!Lv 77 years agoBest Answer
-Natalie McDonald was a HUGE fan of Harry Potter with leukemia and wrote to JKR asking what was going to happen in the series since she wouldn't live to see them finished. JKR told her everything but it was too late. JKR and Natalie's Mom became friends and JKR wrote Natalie into the series. You can find her on page 180 of Goblet of Fire. (She's a Gryffindor.)
-A picture of Gandalf the Grey (from The Lord of the Rings) can be seen in the collection of great wizards in Professor Dumbledore’s study in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
-Rowling said that if she were to be a teacher at Hogwarts, she would teach Charms. If she had a job in the wizarding world, she would write spell books.
-The real Kings Cross Station doesn't look like the one in the movies. Platform 9 is on one side of the track while 10 is on the other. It's impossible to run into the pillar because they aren't next to each other.
-Voldemort was born New Years Day.
-Rowling was knighted in France.
- Rowling's favourite mythical creature from the series is the phoenix.
- Voldemort's wand is made from yew, yew is symbolic for death and rebirth
- Rowling has said that she may have taken the name Hogwarts from a Hogwort plant that she saw in New York's Botanical Gardens.
- Bill and Fleur's eldest child, a daughter named Victoire was born on May 2nd (day of the battle of Hogwarts and Voldemort's final defeat).
- During the Goblet of Fire movie, immediately following the Pensieve scene when Dumbledore is explaining what it is used for, look closely at one of the cabinets behind him. You can see a 3D model of the symbol of the Deathly Hallows.
- Hermione is older than both Harry and Ron, and nearly a year older than Harry. If she had been born 18 days earlier, she wouldn't have been in their year at all.
- The first person to hear Harry's story was Jo's sister, Dianne, who is the Di in the first book's dedication, "...and to Di, who heard this one first."
- Harry Potter’s pet snowy owl, Hedwig, shares her name with two famous saints. One is Saint Hedwig of Andechs (1174-1243), a former duchess noted for her benevolence and compassionate nature. The other is Saint Hedwig, Queen of Poland (1373-1399). The death of Hedwig in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows represents Harry’s loss of innocence and coming of age.
- The four houses at Hogwarts correspond to the four elements. Ravenclaw is air, Gryffindor is fire, Slytherin is water and Hufflepuff is earth.
- A magical quill detects the birth of every magical child, and records it in a book. Then Professor McGonagall sends an owl to each child when he or she turns 11.
- Minerva McGonagall played on the Gryffindor Quidditch team when she was in Hogwarts.
- Severus Snape was the only Death eater who could conjure a Patronus.
- George was never able to conjure a Patronus after Fred had died. All of his happy memories were with Fred.
- Only Harry Potter and Albus Dumbledore havee been in possession of all Three Deathly Hallows (however Harry had them all at the same time).
- Harry, Ron and Hermione were all put on Chocolate Cards.
- Ron's Patronus is a Jack Russel terrier which are known for chasing otters. Hermione's Patronus happens to be an otter.
- Wizards and witches have a much longer life expectancy than muggles. For example Dumbledore was killed at the age of 116, but he was still very strong and vital.
- No one knows where magic comes from (JK quote).
- Anonymous5 years ago
Are you wondering how to downoad for free Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows game? You can get it for free here: http://j.mp/1qXDYek
it's a perfectly working link, no scam!
It is one of the most daring video game in which the player takes the role of Harry.
I love it!
- Anonymous7 years ago
Demelza Robins was named after Demelza House, a children's hospice that JKR heavily supports.
Harry Potter kept the Marauders' Map in a locked drawer in his desk. James broke in and stole it.
Hermione's surname was Puckle and Draco was Draco Spungen in earlier drafts of Philosopher's Stone. Hermione was also originally going to have a little sister.
- Anonymous7 years ago
The fact said by Nyu is actually incorrect. I have put the sources to why she is wrong in the Source(s) section.
A fun fact is the the broom sport of Quodpot is more popular in the U.S.A. than the traditional European Quidditch. Source to this in the Source(s) section.Source(s): Why the snake from the zoo is NOT Nagini: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201111... http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=201107... http://www.cosforums.com/archive/index.php/t-13075... Quodpot fact: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Template:DYK/arc... - The fact is under February 10, 2013
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Morgana YellenLv 47 years ago
I'm not sure but isnt the baby who plays Harry Potter, doesnt he play Albus Severus in the epilogue of the last movie.
- sissyjLv 67 years ago
you can google Harry Potter fun facts and get a whole list of fun facts.
- ShaunLv 67 years ago
Ron is traitorous and disloyal to Harry, his main job was to make sure that Harry does not make more friends at school.
'Whatever house I am in, I hope she's not in it' - quote from Ron.
When you first read this quote in Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book, you may not feel strange, but looking at the whole series, you may end up on questioning yourself why did Ron say that.
The easy explanation is that Ron does not want to be friend with Hermione.
Looking in the later chapter of the book, you will see other quotes supporting this
'It's no wonder no one can stand her, she's a nightmare, honestly' - quote from Ron.
From here, we can see that Ron was using every opportunity to try and annoy Hermione.
I don't know why Hermione refused to speak to Harry and Ron since Harry's broomstick has arrived, but obviously Ron have done more than that to cause Hermione to burst into tears, and thinking she's friendless.
Because Harry was not brought up in a proper environment, he goofed off with Ron so much instead of spending more time with Hermione.
It seems that Ron was trying to do as much good as possible to Harry when they have saved Hermione from a troll.
What have happened in the third year?
Hermione caused Harry's new broomstick to be confiscated.
Then Ron suspected that Scabbers was being eaten by Hermione's cat after Harry got back his broomstick.
Did Harry really want to leave Hermione alone from that time onwards?
Not exactly, he asked Hermione about whether she have been to the Quidditch match that they won against Ravenclaw, and Hermione did not refuse to answer him.
Did he stood up for Hermione in front of Ron?
No, simply because he does not want to ruin his relationship with Ron.
If Harry have been brought up in a proper environment, he would have, least of all, realised that it is not his business whether Ron's rat has been eaten by Crookshanks or not, and he could have stood up for Hermione.
What happened in Harry's forth year?
Harry's name came out of the Goblet of Fire.
Did Ron believe that Harry did not enter the Tri-Wizard Tournament himself?
No, he did not at first, he turned back and apologized later.
Did Hermione believe that Harry did not enter the Tri-Wizard Tournament himself?
Yes, she did.
What have happened in the Seventh book?
Ron abandoned Harry and Hermione because he thought that Harry knows what he is doing. He was the first one to sign up to go with Harry to search for Horcruxes.
Did Hermione abandon Harry? No.
Therefore, we can say that, Hermione Granger was Harry's truest best friend. If Harry have been brought up in a proper environment, he could've thanked Hermione for everything she did for him.
Ron is traitous and disloyal, his main job was to ensure that Harry does not have any more friends in school.
If Harry was brought up in a proper environment, he could have stood up for Hermione in front of Ron when Ron was trying to drag him away from her, and then he and Ron would easily break up, and he could've thanked Hermione for everything she have done for him.
Hermione Granger is Harry's truest best friend,
- Anonymous7 years ago
Slytherin was the first and last house mentioned in the seriesSource(s): Meh
- Anonymous6 years ago
Some interesting facts about Harry Potter
Rowling was planning to kill Arthur Weasley in book 5 but didn't, instead killed Sirius.
The first HP book came out in 1998, the same year as the Battle of Hogwarts. Remind you of anything? "I open at the close"
Fred and George were born on April Fools Day.
Voldemort cannot love due to being conceived under the effects of a love potion.
The only time Fred and George Weasley saw each other as old men was when they put their names in the Goblet of Fire.
At the end of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the credits say, “No dragons were harmed in the making of this movie.”
Mad-Eye Moody and Bill Weasley are father and son in real life.
210,000 coins were created for the Gringotts scene in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
The actress who played Moaning Myrtle was 37 years old at the time “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” was filmed. She is the oldest actress to ever portray a Hogwarts student.
After the Battle at Hogwarts:
Kingsley Shacklebolt became Minister for Magic.
Dementors were no longer used by the Ministry of Magic.
Ginny Weasley became a professional Quidditch player for a few years, then retired to become a Quidditch correspondent for the Daily Prophet.
Hermione went back to Hogwarts to complete her seventh year of study and her N.E.W.T.S. Harry and Ron did not.
Minerva McGonagall became headmistress of Hogwarts.
After Fred's death, George could never evoke a Petronus charm again.
Harry lost the ability to speak to snakes when the Horcrux inside him was destroyed.
Alice and Frank Longbottom never recovered — they lived out their lives in St. Mungo’s.
Cho Chang married a Muggle.
Teddy Lupin (Lupin and Tonks' Son) and Victoire Weasley (Bill and Fleur's daughter) became boyfriend and girlfriend.
Gilderoy Lockhart never recovered from the injuries he sustained in the Chamber of Secrets.
Neville Longbottom became the Hogwarts Herbology professor.
Harry and Ginny’s children stole the Marauder’s Map and snuck it into Hogwarts.
Harry, Ron, and Hermione became memorialized in Chocolate Frog cards.
The prophecy (Order of the Phoenix) said that a boy born at the end of July 1980 to two parents who had already defied Voldemort could defeat him. It could've been Neville because he was born at the end of July and both his parents defied Voldemort.
A part that was in the book but not in the movies which I thought was kind of important.
Petigrew dies in the Deathly Hallows part 1 when Harry and Ron try to escape from the prison in Malfoy Manner. Petigrew tries to strangle Harry but while he is doing it he remembers when Harry spared him in the Prisoner of Askaban when he stopped Remus and Sirius from killing him. Petigrew lets go of Harry and he gets away. The hand that Voldemort fashioned him after cutting off his own in sacrifice in the Goblet of Fire strangles himself to death because he betrayed Voldemort.
Another part that was left out in the movies:
In the books we learn that The Marauders were a group of troublemakers consisting of Harry’s father and Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin, who created the map so they could sneak around Hogwarts and accompany Lupin on nights when he turned into a werewolf.
Fred and George took it out of Filch's office who had confiscated it from the original Maraulders.Source(s): Watched and read them many, many, many, many times