Name a song that helped save your life or helped you get over something deep?
What saved my life was "I'll Be You Strength" by The Wanted. Amazing song Amazing Band!
- LeslieLv 68 years agoFavorite Answer
Wow, I have never heard that song, but you saying it saved your life, and the title of the song got me curious about it. So I looked up the lyrics and thought they were really amazing, so I listened to the song, and it gave me chills. Really amazing song. It's great when musicians make songs like that and can give fans some comfort. It's a great song, I'm glad I took the time to check it out. <3 and glad its helped you.
Some songs that helped me are :
Hold On -, Good Charlotte.
• I suffer really bad with depression for awhile, and this song got me thru a lot. I was very suicidal, and this song was a blessing for me.
You Are Not Alone -, Michael Jackson.
• This song got me thru a lot when my first boyfriend and his brother, my grandpa, and Michael Jackson passed. Their deaths hit me extremely hard, and this song makes me feel like I'm not alone, that they are all with me.
Keep The Faith -, Michael Jackson.
• I hated myself for awhile and didn't believe in myself at all for awhile. This song has helped me have faith and believe in myself, even if people are trying to stand in my way.
Stronger -, Kelly Clarkson.
• The lyrics to this song has a really strong message to me. She sings "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger....." and for me that has an extremely real meaning. I was on an abusive and controlling relationship. I was in and out of the hospital because of this guy. I didn't think it'd live to see another day. Im lucky to be alive. Ironic how before, I myself wanted to end my life. But when I started to appreciate life, someone else tried to end it. It was horrible. But I finally was able to get away, I'm thankful to be alive, and I am STRONGER.
Redeemed -, Big Daddy Weave.
• I cannot listen to this song without bawling my eyes out. I used to hate God, sometimes didn't believe in him or when I did it was only to blame him for things. I dealt with a lot, suffered so much pain, didn't like myself, could only see the negatives in myself. But when I over came a lot in my life, I realized that God was always with me. This song makes me appreciate him and it makes me think about how far Iv come. I don't know if you believe in God or not, and im not going to preach to you. But this is a song that has really helped me.
- Tim MLv 78 years ago
Budapest By Blimp - Thomas Dolby
Sunset Road - Bella Fleck And The Flecktones
- perfectlybakedLv 78 years ago
Are you sure?
"My Sweet Lord."
I won't elaborate.
Others would include (but are not limited to) "Uncle John's Band."
If you go with the hippie songs they kinda just lead you out of the darkness that this world tends to put people in.
I'm not even a hippy. I'm VERY prudish... but I need a way to keep sane and the peace sign and bellbottoms are often required...
- 8 years ago
Nothing's really saved my life, but there are a few songs that cheer me up during a rough time. "Don't Worry Be Happy" by Bobby McFerrin and "Float On" by Modest Mouse both come to mind.
Also, Candlebox's "Far Behind," and Pearl Jam's "Alive" come to mind because I'm a big fan of 90s grunge.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 8 years ago
Katy perry firework
- Anonymous8 years ago
Are They Watching Me ~ Dio
- AndrewLv 68 years ago
"Nobody Hears" - Suicidal Tendencies