Do I need to vote for upcoming WA election?

I moved from NSW to WA last year spending most of my time in WA, occasionally still go back to NSW for short stays.

Also I recently moved, so I really don't have that many documents to prove where I currently stay. I do have the lease documents. But if they ask for anything extra, I don't even have a bank account in WA nor a WA driver's license to show.

Do I need to vote in WA and how? Thanks.

How about NSW elections? How do I get rid of it?

2 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Notify the Australian Electoral Commission after you've updated your driver's license (take your NSW license to the roads licensing agency. It will be surrendered and converted to a WA license; your lease documents are considered proof of residence).

    The AEC will cancel your registration in NSW and issue one in Western Australia, but yes, you must vote by law in the upcoming Western Australian elections.

  • 8 years ago

    You cannot vote in WA if you are still registered in NSW.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.