Act 120 question in pa?

I want more info on how to become a police officer and become act 120 certified. How do I do this and wear can I do this? I would like to stay in the city of Erie if possible...

Any info would be great

3 Answers

Relevance
  • J.W.
    Lv 7
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Visit the Pennsylvania Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission website. To become certified, you must complete police training, and be hired by a police department or other law enforcement agency. Requirements to become a police officer vary, and how you become a police officer varies depending on the police department. Visit the websites of the police departments that you might be interested in working for. Police department websites often provide information about their applicant requirements, about how to apply, and about their hiring process. Some relatively common minimum requirements include having at least a high school diploma or ged, being a citizen, being at least 21 years old, having a valid driver's license, and having no felony convictions. Some relatively common steps in hiring processes include application, written test, physical fitness test, interview, drug test, medical examination, and background investigation. Some police departments will hire you, and then send you to the police academy. You should consider trying to get hired by a department that will send you to the academy. This way, you would already have a job and be paid while attending the academy, and you would not have to pay tuition to attend the academy. Many departments require applicants to have already completed police academy training before being hired. Some police academies will accept students that haven't already been hired by a law enforcement agency. In this case, you pay tuition to attend in hopes of getting hired after you graduate. However, you may or may not get hired after completing the academy. Many academies are run by or through colleges or universities. Getting police officer jobs is becoming more and more competitive. Do whatever you can to make yourself the best candidate that you can. For example, consider getting a college degree if you don't have one, don't do anything illegal, maintain a good reputation, keep a good driving record, don't get bad credit, improve all of your communication skills as much as possible, practice to improve your observation and memory skills, and become as physically fit as you can. How well you do on written tests and during interviews can be very important when trying to get law enforcement officer jobs. Make sure to prepare for any tests and interviews. Consider local, state, and federal jobs. Best of luck!

• 4 years ago

Pa Act 120

• 8 years ago

There are many schools that provide that training. Just google act 120 training for a nice long list.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.