What is a good electric guitar to buy?

I played the guitar for a few years but quit about 6 years ago. I'm not a beginner, but I'm still rusty from not playing for so long.

What would be a good electric guitar to get? Preferably under 250 dollars?

• gusism

A Squier Stratocaster. The Vintage Modified series is really good for the money. Strats are among the most user friendly and upgradeable guitars you can buy.

• Ida

You never said what kind of music you play,but about the best guitar ever made is Gibson's "Les Paul"...and the Fender Stratocaster is a great guitar too.

the dean vendetta is 115 its good for metal.. fender anything is good for classic rock/blues/country..

A few others have mentioned it but I agree, Epiphone. I'm a big fan of Gibson guitars but those are not in my budget so Epiphone is great. I have 3 of their guitars. Les Paul Special II, Les Paul Standard Plain Top, and EL-00 acoustic. The Les Paul is my favorite type of guitar but an SG is pretty good to.

A Les Paul Special II is about $120 to $170 at a retail store like Guitar Center. And a Les Paul 100 is about $250. If you are willing to or can afford the 100 I'd go with that. I bought a Special II when I first started playing. Although it's a great beginner guitar if you've already been playing you would probably appreciate the sound of 100 better than the Special II.

An SG Special is about $170. SG G-310 is about $250.

If you'd rather go with a Fender type guitar instead like a Strat or Tele. You'd want to look at Squire . Their by Fender but they'd be in your price rage. I don't have any experience with them but I have heard good things.

Probably ibanez rg140 is good i m a beginner and i have bought it for 220 dollars!

And its really good for metal as ibanez guitars are!

New? umm, best i can think of for versatility is a little more than your budget but its an epiphone les paul studio. about 350

Epiphone Special 2 great guitar with sweet sound. I have this guitar and am thinking to upgrade but it is a great guitar to gain skill vastly. great for its price. $150-$200.

Budget guitar would be a pevey or pevy, how ever you spell it. I got an Epiphone SG, which are expensive, and I LOVE it.