Jennifer asked in Business & FinanceInsurance · 7 years ago

Will my insurance decrease after having liability for six months?

I owned a car, then decided to get rid of it for financial and other reasons. I did not own a car for a little over a year, and so I did not carry car insurance. I recently got a car and so I've taken out an insurance policy on it again, but everyone I got a quote from (State Farm, GEICO, Allstate, Progressive, Esurance, Liberty... and some more) all were charging me more because it had been over six months since I carried liability insurance. I've already accepted that this is apparently how it is.. but my insurance is significantly higher than it was compared to my previous policy. Enough time has gone by that I didn't even have any speeding tickets within the reviewed time frame, and I haven't had any at fault accidents as of yet.

I had State Farm previously and was paying $75 a month in a brand new car.. I'm now driving a 2008 car, just a Subaru Forster, and I'm paying $140... I was even paying $88 with a Mini Cooper S, so I don't think the higher rate has anything to do with the car. On the documents I got with my new policy (not with State Farm) they said one of the determining factors of my increased rate was because I hadn't carried liability in the last six months... will my insurance go down after I've kept liability insurance with them for six months?

• car253
    Favorite Answer

Bottom line: It depends on what state you live in. Some states penalize you for not having insurance and other's don't, like California. Even then it depends on the company. State Farm does not penalize you if you live in California.

Did you lose any discounts you had before? Multi-car, multi-line, loyalty, good driver ect.? Call your old State Farm agent and ask about all the discounts you had before and see if you still qualify for them. You might want to post your state.

• cinda

a million. Dr activity fee $a million ,2 hundred Cr activity Payable $a million ,2 hundred 2. Dr Depreciation fee - development $a million,a hundred Cr amassed Depreciation - development $a million,a hundred 3. Dr amassed Receivables $sixty 4,000 Cr sales $sixty 4,000 4. Dr coverage fee $1500 Cr pay as you go coverage $1500 5. Dr Unearned sales $3,500 Cr sales $3,500 6. Dr Salaries fee $2,4 hundred Cr Salaries Payable $2,4 hundred I disagree in easy terms with the fourth adjusting get right of entry to that Sandy made in her answer. There it states on march a million the corporation paid $1800 to resume a 12- month coverage plans. in case you're making adjusting entries for the month Sandy's attitude would be suited. yet you're making differences for the full 12 months because of the fact the Dec 31 assertion shows complete volume grew to become into recorded as pay as you go coverage. meaning the corporation could make expenditures for the hire till ultimately the 12 months end march-Dec (10 months). Debit hire fee $1500 credit pay as you go coverage $1500 (10/12 * $1800). uncertain if it extremely is the respond because of the fact some questions are defective. b. $61300 strengthen ( sales - expenditures)

all you can do is comparison shop. and go with who ever has the lowest rate. the important thing is that the coverage is the same. instead of going with the big companies for a quote. call an insurance broker, and have them find you a small insurance company.

that's what i did when i first started. now im with a big company and paying the lowest rate i've had in years.