What is my realtor's dillemma? If a detached condo is not FHA approved I need to "steer clear"?

My realtor is being insistent that we don't look at certain homes, most recently, 2 in a great neighborhood, location, and price-and these 2 are because they are detached condos and not FHA approved. After speaking with our mortgage guy, it seems we can go and try without FHA, but she says it's a bad... show more My realtor is being insistent that we don't look at certain homes, most recently, 2 in a great neighborhood, location, and price-and these 2 are because they are detached condos and not FHA approved. After speaking with our mortgage guy, it seems we can go and try without FHA, but she says it's a bad investment. How can this be when my research shows the value is going to go up faster than houses in the area in two years, and people who live there seem happy. She says it is because there are more tenants in the area than homeowners. I realize I won't own the land, just the house, but I am losing money waiting and not so much looking for an investment as a home. I need to move and would rather have equity/privacy/space/etc., but at this rate will take an apt if I don't find a house. yes I have been looking, casually for 2-3 years and seriously with a pre-qual for 3 months. Everything I like she has a reason to shoot down then it gets picked up by someone else. Is she right about this complex or what should I do? Also I found that I can try to get it FHA approved, but seems I have to do all the footwork myself and have not been able to locate the phone number of the association as there is no actual building onsite. I need storage ASAP, am expecting a baby, and our current rental is falling apart and I do not want to be responsible for that, or keep paying more than I would with a mortgage. So She will lose out if the denial to help with this is not for a legit reason I am just not yet understanding. Thanks :)