Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 7 years ago

are Jack and Meg White siblings or married? or both?

I guess we'll never know, right? Google didn't help me with this one.

• blah
    Favorite Answer

This should help you!

"THE WHITE STRIPES star JACK WHITE chose to lie about his relationship with bandmate MEG WHITE because he didn't think music fans and critics would take a former husband and wife duo seriously.

White insisted that his drummer was actually his sister, but a Detroit, Michigan, newspaper uncovered the truth in 2002 and printed the couple's 1996 wedding certificate.

Although he still refuses to completely reveal the truth about himself and his ex-wife, White insists the white lie about their being siblings was necessary.

He tells Rolling Stone magazine, "It's funny that people think me and Meg sit up late at night, in front of a gas lamp, and come up with these intricate lies to trick people.

"If we had presented ourselves in another fashion... how would we have been perceived, right off the bat? When you see a band that is two pieces, husband and wife, boyfriend and girlfriend, you think, 'Oh, I see...'

"When they're brother and sister, you go, 'Oh, that's interesting.' You care more about the music, not the relationship.""

Siblings as far as I know aha xD