Sam asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 8 years ago

Is this a good path for an Air Force career?

Currently I'm a cadet in the Civil Air Patrol, obtaining the Billy Mitchell Award will start me as an E-3 when I enlist. After the usual 4 years I plan on using the GI Bill to go college and law school. Once I graduate I'd like to become an AF Judge Advocate General (JAG). Depending on how I like the Air Force I'm planning on staying in as an officer for 8-12 years.

Will this work out?

Comments/advice/warning?

Thanks in advance.

Favorite Answer

Good plan! The AF is a great way to go. Being in CAP will really help you get your foot in the AF door. If you want to be a AF JAG you have got to get very good grades.The AF wants the best of the best and then better. A's will get there attention, If you drive make sure your driving record is outstandingly CLEAN and stays that way! Not even one parking ticket. Be involved in your community. Volunteer service looks good. Volunteer service says what kind of person you are. (plus its good in CAP) none the less. . . Being a JAG takes a lot of time and a lot of hard work. Anyways. . . Get good grades, stay in school and keep up the good work.

~ Shoot High!

Source(s): 2nd Lt. Civil Air Patrol